Ivy nodded, still clutching at her father's fingers tightly, "I'm fine, thank you for asking. Dad says you're leaving, but when would you be coming back?"

Madison smiled wryly, sniffing back the tears that were threatening to fall down her face yet again, "Well, I don't know yet. I have some things to take care of at my place. Maybe when I'm done, I would come visit you again. Is that okay?" She finished asking, and the little girl nodded, moving forward for another hug.

Madison grinned, holding on to her and smoothing out her hair. She was already beginning to feel emotional, and even though she didn't want to cry she couldn't help the stray tear that fell down her cheeks.

Clearing her throat, and making sure she was okay, Madison stood. She took out some money from her purse and handed it to Ivy, "Here. Get yourself some candy, or a chocolate bar. Whatever you like."

She smiled when the little girl thanked her, and then she turned back to Alvarez.

Smiling sadly, she saw the remorseful look on his face, and immediately asked, "What's the problem?"

"It's nothing. I'm just a little worried about you, and I miss you already."

"I'll miss you too." She said with all honesty.

"It's just, I don't know when next I'll get to see you. We lost contact for so long, now I found you again after so many years, and then you are leaving. I don't want to let go of you again. When will you be back Maddie?"

Guilt poked Madison in the chest as she stared at the floor, playing with her fingers for a while.

The silence stretching between them made things awkward, but then later Madison broke the silence by clearing and saying softly, "Alvarez, I need to tell you something."

When he nodded urging her to go on , she swallowed and began, "I don't want to promise that I'll be back, because I'm not sure yet, but I just want to leave first. If things work out in London then I'm not sure if it'd be necessary for me to come back..." She trailed.

"What? Wow, um, I don't know what to say, Madison. I just don't want to lose you for years again. I have a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that this might be the last time I would see you."

She nodded slowly sniffing, "I know, I know, but let's see how things work out. Just like I said before lest I forget, I'll pay you back for all your help as soon as I get the money. I promise it won't take too long."

Alvarez frowned, "Why are you changing this conversation? Besides we've talked about this before Madison. I've told you countless times that you don't need to pay me back. Okay? Still you keep insisting and I know how stubborn you can be. So, fine. But take your time. I'm in no hurry."

Madison nodded.

Tears stung her eyes as she faced him again. She felt so much guilt for what she was about to say, but she knew it couldn't be helped, it was the best way to go about all of this.

"Alvarez... I've been thinking about everything a whole lot and how much of a toll it has had on me, and I came to a decision." She paused, her fingers clutching the hem of her jacket, "I think it will be best if we cut all ties, every form of contact. And no, you didn't do anything wrong, you've been so helpful on the contrary, but I really just don't want anything to do with my past. It has haunted me, for weeks now. And it's putting me in a terrible place that..."

She saw Alvarez stare at her for a few seconds and then he shook his head, interjecting, "No. Absolutely not, Madison. I understand why you would want to move on from the past, but we're friends. You're my best friend, Maddie. You don't expect me to just say yes to this silly decision of yours. So please... I know the events of the last few days must be taking a toll on you, but you still need to think about this first."