Chapter 44: Wrong or Hurt?

Start from the beginning

"Jungkook, stop being a pain in the ass and go eat," Suga commanded a bit more strongly, all the while with brotherly care for the younger man.

"Hyung, I'm really not hung-" Cutting Jungkook off midway through his reply, Suga burst out with his own formulated response for Jungkook's expected reply. 

"Jeon Jungkook, are you out of your fucking mind? You haven't eaten anything since lunch yesterday, barely eaten anything for the past couple of weeks and you want me to believe that you're not hungry? You, the one who eats everything in the house without leaving even the crumbs behind?"

"Hyung, calm down, it's fine-"

Crouching towards the young man, Suga sat next to him without another word being muttered. His eyes were forced to stare at Jungkook, trying to catch any oblivious detail he would have otherwise ignored. "Talk to me Kook, what the fuck is going on? This isn't anything like you." He successfully caught Jungkook's attention, yet Jungkook persistently remained quiet.

"Yah, you're the maknae of Bangtan, a man with a fucking hyper child heart. You can't be this quiet and still, that's what I do." Suga pointedly stared at Jungkook, mildly cautious in case of an unwanted triggered reaction, trying to provoke him.

Letting loose the control of his head, Jungkook leaned back onto the smooth pale wall to his original position, shaking his eyes to reach the dimming sky. He sighed dramatically. "I don't know, hyung." The breezy air accompanied with the scent of nature tickled either of their noses reminding them of its beauty. The silence sounded new, but neither was it uncomfortable nor was it comfortable.

Several minutes flew away underneath the sound of silence, before Jungkook spoke once again after regaining his muted voice. "You know why I did it right, hyung?" He forced a choked-up lump down his throat. His eyes wavered much to his dislike before his inner restraint broke free. Clear drops of salty liquid dripped down his water line as vivid memories flashed in his heart, ripping his soul to shreds.

"S-She was your sister, hyung. She was my m-mate, hyung . . . how didn't we recognize her . . . hm?" His voice dived into mere whispers, questioning his own consciousness. Jungkook's head dipped down into his knees, in an attempt to shield his vulnerability. He was a strong man, but not when the matters were wrapped around his deceased mate.

Suga had gone silent, words locked up in his mouth, his mind cracking once again at its older fractures. In the last fifteen long years, his sister had remained a sensitive topic to even remember, buried deep within his stone heart. Yet, her cute glimmering eyes and adorable chubby features distinctly remained etched into the memory of his once 12-year-old persona. She was his baby sister, killed during the hunter attack on their Southern land of Lycanthrope. She was his little Eve. Suga's breathing caught up to his running heartbeat. 

"What do I do, hyung?" Jungkook mumbled repeatedly, expressing his current aimless direction. His voice wavered in pain, doubt, and question. His words seemed goalless, his motivation seemed broken to bits, and his confidence lost beyond remains. Everything felt pointless.

"When did you find out?" Suga inquired. One question littered his mind, roaming for answers. 'Why couldn't he recognize her?'

"W-when she changed into her w-wolf." Silence remained swarming in the air around. "She felt like her. She felt like Eve. She was Eve, hyung.

The warmth of the skies died down beyond recognition, leaving the skies drenched in the cold hues of blues and blacks. The stars twinkled while taking sudden peeks at the pair of boys. The chilly wind felt like spikes to their body, forcefully rolling chills down their spine. It was quite the low temperature the warm evening dipped into as the silver moon glowed to its radiance.