23

JIMIN POV

With old R&B blasting on the stereo, I whipped up one of my mom's favorite recipes, a veggie pasta dish with lots of cheese and rich sauce that I'd been eating since I was a kid.

Jungkook was due to be back soon after a meeting with an admissions counselor on campus and I wanted to have a nice meal waiting to treat him.

Since he was actively looking for an apartment, I knew I wasn't going to have as many chances to cook for him.

Rather than bum myself out about it, I figured I just needed to take advantage of the chances I had to be sweet while I had them.

It was also exactly one week since our last hookup and since Guk was off for a late cocktail with Bell, I was hoping Jungkook and I could catch a little time in bed while we had the condo to ourselves.

Things had been going so well.

Time with him always put me in an easy, good mood and I was especially proud of him for keeping focused on his plan while the weeks stretched on.

He never seemed like he was losing his focus and he never acted obsessed with me, like he feared he would.

And we kept opening up to each other more, taking long walks where we talked about our past mistakes and our hopes and fears for the future.

The fact that he was making me take more time off work was icing on the cake.

My life had opened up too and I remembered for the first time in a long time how nice it was just to spend a quiet evening at home making dinner for someone I cared about.

"Evening!" Jungkook called from up front and I turned the music down a little.

"In here!"

He dressed up for the meeting and had even pinned one of those purple clematis flowers to his shirt.

The bunny smile on his face told me immediately that the meeting had gone well and I grabbed the open bottle of merlot and poured him a glass.

"Tell me about it." I said eagerly.

"Great." He took the glass with a wide smile.

"They gave me a tour of the photography studios and it turns out some of my old credits will count, so I won't have to retake all the basics."

I raised my drink and we clinked our glasses together.

"Fantastic, You hungry?"

"Very." he nodded.

I turned to stir the red sauce, fragrant with herbs, while he took a seat at the island.

"I thought I'd cook to celebrate."

I explained. "I haven't made this recipe in a few years but it's a family favorite that my mom passed down."

"To celebrate?" Jungkook asked, then laughed lightly.

"It was just a meeting Jimin." He looked around at the mess I'd made in the kitchen, gratification glowing on his face.

"But thanks for doing all this."

"I know it's just a meeting." I laughed.

"But I'm still happy for you."

He smiled and fingered the flower, rolling the stem between his thumb and finger.

"Yeah, I'm happy for me too."

I threw the last of the vegetables in the pan,gave it a quick stir and joined Jungkook at the island with my wine.