20

JUNGKOOK POV

Lying in bed back at the condo, it felt like something had shifted.

Even though these brief encounters with Jimin were nothing like our hookup in the office, a new intimacy had come to the surface in everything we were doing.

And Jimin and I were definitely doing something.

I might not have been obsessively clinging to his side but he was on my mind and I found myself fantasizing about him throughout the day, dreaming up new situations where we might touch again.

I turned and opened my laptop.

I had started browsing through apartment listings online, just looking to see what was out there.

It was a dream to live with Guk and Jimin, the way we all got along but my goal wasn't to stay dependent on my brother.

My goal was to be responsible for myself and with the extra work at the film festival proving to be steady, I actually had the resources to do it.

Plus, moving out would help ease the other complications of cohabiting with Guk and Jimin.

It would give us all a little breathing room and even though I'd miss the condo, I knew it would be a relief, too.

A soft knock drew my attention to the door.

I climbed out of bed and pulled it open slightly, peering into the hallway.

"Jungkookie." Jimin said, only a sliver of his body visible through the cracked door.

"Can I come in?'

"Sure." I answered hesitantly. "Is Guk home?"

I opened the door and Jimin stepped in.

He was still wearing his charcoal slacks from work but he'd stripped down to a white T-shirt.

"He's taking a call in his room."

"He told me not to disturb him for the next hour." He paused and glanced around.

"Your room is looking good."

I glanced around the place.

My red plaid blanket covered the bed and framed photos from London and my childhood dotted the wall.

I'd covered the dresser with candles and trinkets, including some dried flowers I'd very carefully wrapped in tea towels and tucked away in my luggage.

The walls were gray and all the furniture was this very minimal kind of contemporary that Guk and Jimin had picked but with my matching purple lamps shining their faintly purple light and a glamor shot of Catherine Deneuve pinned to the wall, I'd brought a taste of my flat in London home with me.

"Thank you." I said with a twirl of my hand.

I took a seat on the edge of the bed and Jimin stood across from me, one hand on the wall.

"What's up?"

He smiled and I could tell he was excited, maybe even a little nervous. "I have an idea."

"Okay?" I buried a smile. He was acting so cute, It would be fun to tease him but I wanted to listen.

Focus on his words, Jungkook.

"Can I sit down?"

I arched an eyebrow. "Should I shut the door?"

Jimin nodded and a second later, we were repositioned on the bed.

I had one leg under myself and the other draped to the side but Jimin sat with both feet on the floor, like a teenager trying to not get himself in trouble.

FORBIDDEN LOVE || JIKOOK ✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara