I go back because of some stupid Invasion

•Y/N POV

After two long years of grueling advanced classes, I sat in my car outside the auditorium, waiting for the ceremony to start. I couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment mixed with uncertainty. I had chosen to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Psychology without a clear idea of what I wanted to do with it, but at least Bruce Wayne had paid for it. Bruce had always been a mysterious figure, and I knew he was involved in some shady business. I suspected that he was either making backup plans or questioning a crime lord.

Just as I was lost in my thoughts, my phone beeped, interrupting my train of thought. I checked it and found a text message from Bruce.

"Sorry, something came up, I won't be able to make it to your graduation," the message read.

I felt a wave of disappointment wash over me. Bruce had been my mentor and my sponsor for the past two years, and I had hoped that he would be there to witness my achievement. But I knew that he was a busy man, and his job often took precedence over everything else.

I took a deep breath and tried to focus on the positive. I had worked hard for this moment, and I wasn't going to let Bruce's absence ruin it for me.

"It's alright; I'll be fine on my own..." I replied to Bruce's text message.

"Good job, and congratulations on making it this far. I'm so proud of you for getting through such a difficult time," he replied.

I smiled at his words, feeling a sense of validation for my hard work. "Thanks, old man, stay safe," I texted back, using the nickname I had given him over the years.

"I always do," he replied, and I knew that he was referring to his alter ego as the Dark Knight.

I took a deep breath and decided to let go of my disappointment. I had come too far to let one absence ruin my day. I knew that Bruce had always been there for me when it counted, and his support meant more than his physical presence.

With that, I slipped my phone back into my pocket, grabbed my graduation cap, and placed it on my head. I took a deep breath and exited my car, ready to walk the short distance to the venue. As I walked, lost in my thoughts, I felt a tap on my back and turned to see a fellow batch mate greeting me.

"Sup Salutatorian, feeling nervous?" he asked, grinning from ear to ear.

I smiled back, feeling a sense of pride at being the salutatorian of my class. "Not really," I replied, trying to sound confident.

"You should be, the valedictorian is going to kill it," he teased.

I chuckled, feeling a sense of camaraderie with my classmates. We had all worked hard to get to this point, and it was a relief to be able to joke around and let loose.

"To be honest, I'm not all that relieved or happy that I didn't fail, but I'm glad I passed because that's all that mattered to me," I told him.

"Man, you need to loosen up after this," he said, playfully wrapping his arm around my neck. I didn't mind because he was a nice guy anyway, and this was just the way he acted around people he trusted.

"Don't worry, I've got it covered," he said cockily, puffing out his chest slightly as he spoke.

"I'll take your word for it," I replied as the students behind him began to gather for the ceremony. But then it hit me: the ceremony was about to begin.

"Ok, I'll see you later man," he said, patting my back and running off to his designated group.

I made my way toward my own group of classmates, I felt a sense of nervousness and excitement. This was the moment I had been working towards for years, and it was finally here. I took my place in line, feeling the weight of the graduation gown and cap on my shoulders, and waited for the procession to begin.