chapter 2

One day, Jennifer was home all day, which was a rare sight for everyone.

Benjamin; Bethany's other Brother, who is two years older than her with a slim body.

He's complaining about why Jennifer is not leaving today, since everyone knows that she's as strict as hell and when she's home, no one must go anywhere, if you leave the house and she notices, you're going to get the beating you've only dreamed about, but she'll make it reality.

Bethany is introverted in nature, and is not as extroverted as Benjamin, so she doesn't really care if she leaves the house or not, but she loves following her brother in terms of everything, these two are so alike and always found together that people think they're twins. If Benjamin wants to leave, she'll want to leave too.

As they were sneakily heading to the front gate with Benjamin in the lead, about to leave
Just as he was about to touch the handle, a voice is suddenly heard.

"where are you two going?"

They turn their heads to the direction of the voice and spot Jennifer looking at them through the window.

Caught red-handed, a series of stutters escape they're mouths.

"We....." Bethany tries

"We're going to buy something " Benjamin lies.

Jennifer just looks at them, clearly amused, and shakes her head, soon-after yelling,

"Kelvin!"

"Yes Mom"

She smiles at her escaping kids as she waits for Kelvin to arrive. then suddenly, her smile and eyes turns cold giving meaning to the phrase ' If looks could kill'

"Get the lock"

Kelvin nods and silently does as he's told, and heads over to the two convicts and locks the gate, mouthing an amused 'sorry, better luck next time' to the two. Kelvin heads back to Jennifer, about to hand the keys over to her, but she stops him halfway and says

"Give the keys to Joshua and tell him to hide them"

And with that, her attention is shifted back to her phone once again.

Bethany is surprisingly calm and uncaring, but Benjamin on the other hand is fuming, he wants the keys no matter what!, His life depends on it.

"Just give it up, Ben, you know how terrifying Mom is, let's say we manage to get the keys and leave, but when we come back, we'll be beaten..... And I don't want that" Bethany tries to change his mind.

" I don't care!, So long as I have fun even if it's just for the afternoon"

" Ok, but you know that Joshua's good at hiding things, how are we going to find the keys, can't we just give up and wait for Mom to leave the country again, she'll be leaving in a week and we'll have our freedom then"

" No, I can't wait that long, I'll be dead by then, if you don't wanna help that's fine, as for the keys, I'll sniff them out like a dog if I have to"