27. Itachi's 3 conditions

Start from the beginning

Obito took out his bandages and wrapped them across his injured. Kisame could not help but notice a purple heart on it. 

"If you don't mind me asking, who gave you that bandage?" Kisame asked as Obito blushed, lightening the atmosphere. 

"N-None of your business," Obito said.

"Aww! C'mon Mizukage sama! We already know that you like the angel of the Rain." Kisame said as Obito began blushing more.

"N-No way I would ever like h-her," Obito said as Itachi just smirked at him.

"Obito, don't lie. We can see right through it." Itachi said in a half-joke manner.

"B-Baka." Obito stuttered.

"Oh! Now, you like me as well. What a pity! I was shipping you with Konan." Itachi stated jokingly. 

"WHAT? NO!" Obito yelled before suddenly turning serious. "Itachi, you had something to say. Didn't you?"

Much to his relief, Itachi admitted by saying "Indeed. Not one but a lot of things." 

"Let's move serially," Kisame suggested. "First of all, let's begin with you." He pointed towards Obito. "How on the goddamn earth did you acquire the wood style technique?"

Obito sighed and said "It's a long story. So, let's just say that I got it from Madara of the previous world." 

"What?! How?!" Kisame asked.

"I told you it's a long story," Obito said. "I don't want to talk about it and that's final." 

Kisame gave a long look at Obito before sighing. "Very well!" 

"Thank you," Obito replied gratefully.

"Now, Itachi, what on earth did you mean by saying that Noka showed you a vision?" Kisame enquired.

"I was just about to ask him the same thing as well," Obito said as Itachi sighed.

"It was just after I met Noka before Pain gave a mission to recruit Naruto..."

Flashback start

"Itachi!" A deep voice reigned through the black darkness of the forest, causing Itachi to turn around.

Itachi slipped out a small kunai blade from his left sleeve but kept it hidden.

The darkness soon merged to form a figure of a hooded man in black. He wore a cape on his back and a mask adorned on the lower part of his face. His cape moved along with the direction of the wind. 

In the meantime, the clouds started weeping tears and it soon turned into a shower. A roar of thunder was heard in the distance.

Almost immediately, Noka appeared in front of Itachi, who remained unmoved.

"Lower your weapon," Noka whispered in an empty voice but there was a little hint of threat in it.

Itachi paused for a moment before slowly lifting his left hand, allowing the cold metal to slide backwards on his warm skin.

"Good. Now, I just want to talk with you."

"About what?" Itachi asked.

"About the future of your little brother," Noka said as Itachi suddenly noticed some patterns of strange colours forming in the background.

Genjutsu! Itachi thought before he tried to break it.

"Kai!" He muttered but nothing happened.

Slowly, he brought his finger down, knowing very well that he cannot break that genjutsu as it was too powerful for him.

For a moment, everything turned pitch black before he saw a light erupting out of nowhere.

Parts of illusion seemed to be forming and spreading just behind the light.

And that's when Itachi's eyes widened in shock as he saw a huge black wolf shattering through the Leaf Village. The wolf sported the emblem of the Uchihas on its back and red horns sprouted out of either side of his head. As the wolf began howling in the air, Itachi felt fear piercing into his heart.

"This wolf is the future of Sasuke Uchiha. He, as you see, will be the destroyer of the Leaf and I will be the crow which you may notice perched on Wolf's head." He heard the voice of Noka piercing right through the darkness.

Itachi carefully looked at the head of the wolf and saw that it was indeed true. A crow with red eyes was perched on the left horn of the wolf, cawing mercilessly as if it was guiding the wolf. 

"Where are his eyes?" Itachi asked as he suddenly realised that the wolf didn't have any eyes.

"Oh! You have noticed that as well. How perceptive! The legends of your perceptions are indeed correct, I see." Noka stated drily. "The wolf lacks its eyes since the moment he was born, so the crow is taking the fact to his advantage and using his sight to advise the wolf. Anyways, that's what I wanted to show. One last thing you yet have to notice is what's under the wolf's feet." 

Itachi's eyes widened as he saw the wolf stomping on a huge Uchiha emblem lying on the ground. Immediately, he felt rage consuming him entirely and before he knew it, the surroundings turned black and he was immediately knocked out.

But before the illusion ended, Itachi's perceptive eyes suddenly didn't miss a little detail. A fox was marching towards the wolf, lacking nothing but fear. The fox also held the earth in its mouth as it moved marched towards the black creature.

He immediately knew who that was supposed to be. 

The saviour of the Leaf

Konoha no Uzumaki Naruto

And that's when the illusion ended. 

And it was clear that Noka didn't notice the fox as he had already left. 

Flashback end

"So, that's why you stripped Sasuke of his status as Uchiha. But didn't it occur to you that it might be a dream?" Obito asked.

"How can it be a dream when I felt the hot flames and still feel the might and evil gaze of that wolf?" Itachi questioned.

"Itachi, you are being paranoid," Kisame said, trying to get Itachi to change his mind. "How can he speak of the truth? Didn't it occur to you that he might be lying to you with his so-called vision?" 

"He is telling me the truth."

"And how can you prove that?"

"I cannot but let's just see what happens in the future. At the same time, I demand three conditions to be fulfilled by Obito if I must fight against Sasuke." Itachi threatened as Obito stiffened a bit. 

"Name them and I will decide if I should fulfil them or not," Obito said in a voice that no one could oppose.

"First condition: No one will ever kill or harm Sasuke."

"Understandable from your love of your brother," Obito commented.

"Second condition: If I must ever fight against Sasuke, then I will not use Kotoakatsukami." 

"WHAT?! WHY?" Kisame yelled in shock. "Instead of fighting, you can easily change his mind with Kotoakatsukami which leads to less bloodshed." 

"Kisame has got a point. I thought that you were a pacifist who wanted to avoid war and solve everything peacefully. Just think of the reduction of the bloodshed if you use the Kotoakatsukami." Obito said.

"Because that leads to the third point." Itachi paused.

"And that is?" Obito asked half hesitatingly.

"I will spill the blood of Sasuke with my own blade as I have no intention of giving him mercy if he does the unthinkable." 

Kakashi: And that brings an end to chapter 27.

Obito: Finally Shay san explained why Itachi removed Sasuke from the Uchiha title.

Kakashi: Shay san was not planning to write this chapter.

Obito: But, he realised that he must explain the reason behind Itachi's unprecedented actions.

Kakashi: Anyways, that's it and as usual keep reading and...

Obito: PEACE OUT!!!!