19

When their lips collided, every moment flashed before Rosé's eyes.

The first time she saw Lisa on the porch, the first night when Lisa had given the hug, Rosé's broken laptop, falling down the stairs, the two of them sleeping on the couch, Lisa helping Rosé edit her book, the whole Jungkook situation, all the fun training and classes they had, their stupid argument, and now, the kiss.

When they pulled away, and Rosé had finally opened her eyes, Lisa was fading away.

"Wh—What's happening?" she stammered, desperately trying to grab onto her. "Why aren't my powers working? You're fading—!"

"I know," Lisa said, a sad smile on her face. "Thanks, Rosie. For everything. Especially the pizza. I'll see you later, I guess. As a dog or something."

"You're not making any sense," Rosé said, growing so frustrated she barked out a laugh. "What do you mean, see you later? You can't just—"

"I don't want to say bye because I know I'll find you again. I know I will. But will you wait for me?" Lisa continued.

"Of course. I'll wait and wait and wait." Rosé said, the situation dawning on her. Tears grew in her eyes. "See you later."

Lisa smiled. "'Cya."

- -

Rosé opened her eyes and saw the ceiling of her apartment. For a second, she thought it was a dream. She sat up slowly.

"Lisa?" she called out. The word echoed around the room. She slowly got out of bed and limped towards the stairs. Pain shot up her chest and she lifted her shirt to see what was wrong. Her abdomen was bandaged, and suddenly, all the memories flooded her head.

She almost fell to her knees. Rosé quickly grabbed the railing and tried to slow her breaths. Lisa couldn't really be... gone, right?

Moving without thinking, she grabbed her keys and sprinted to Jennie and jisoo's apartment, barefoot. She knocked on the door rapidly, not stopping until it opened.

"Rosé! You look—" jisoo started, but Rosé ignored her, pushing past her and into the apartment. She swiveled around, trying to locate the ghost girl.

"Rosé?" Jennie got up from the couch.

"She can't be—" Rosé cut herself off, not daring to say it. She met Jennie's eyes, her heart sinking. Searching for the switch in her stomach, it hit her like a truck.

The switch was gone.

Lisa was gone.

Rosé pressed against the nearest wall, sinking to the ground. Jennie and jisoo were quick to comfort her, wrapping her in a hug.

"How? How did it even happen?" She was hyperventilating.

"Calm down. Take breaths." Jisoo said quietly, meeting Jennie's eyes with a sad gleam.

It dawned on her.

"She sacrificed herself for me, didn't she?" Rosé whispered.

The other girls were quiet, which was an answer in itself.

Rosé wish she had died instead.

- -

[Three Years Later...]

"Congratulations!"

Cheers and streamers rained over rosé's head. Rosé grinned, her heart full. She had gotten her book published a little over a year ago, and it had blown up. It had gotten so popular that she was given a chance to go on tour. She had begged the publishing company to let her take nayeon, Jennie, and jisoo with her because they gave me the inspiration for the book.

"You're going on tour! Congrats, rosie." Nayeon patted Rosé's back and handed her a paper plate piled with food.

"Thanks, guys. I wouldn't have done it without you."

"Pssh, we were just the characters. You did all the work." Jisoo waved her off.

"Are you kidding me? I'm just as famous as this rosie posie here!" Jennie exclaimed. Everyone laughed at the Korean girl as they settled down to watch a movie.

Just as the opening scene began, nayeon jumped, causing the popcorn to spill out of the bowl she was holding.

"What's up, nayeon? Are you okay?" Rosé asked.

"Yeah, sorry. There's just someone scratching on the door or something." the older girl pressed a hand against her ear.

"Really?" Rosé got up, walking towards the door.

When she opened it, there was a red Golden Retriever sitting happily outside the apartment. Rosé's eyes widened. It looked pretty young, maybe two or three years old.

"Oh my god!" Jennie exclaimed, running up to it.

"Be careful, we don't know—" Rosé started, holding an arm out.

"That's Lisa's soul!"