7

Jennie opened the door.

"Hi, uh, do you mind if I just hang out at your place for a bit? I won't be a bother I just need to get some work done." Rosé stammered.

"I mean, sure, we don't mind. Nayeon's here, too," Jennie replied, opening the door wider and letting Rosé in. Jennie and jisoo's place had the same structure as Rosé's. The brown eyed girl took a spot on the couch next to jisoo, who was speaking to nayeon.

"Oh, hey, Rosé!" Jisoo said with a smile.

"How's your mom doing?" Nayeon asked.

Confused, Rosé tried to be polite with a smile. "Uh, sorry, what?"

"Isn't your mom here?" Nayeon repeated.

It clicked in Rosé's mind. She had told nayeon her mom was over to cover for Lisa. "Uh, right. She... uh, her flight was this morning."

"Let the girl do her work, nayeon!" Jisoo exclaimed, which Rosé was grateful for. She opened her laptop and began typing, getting sucked into her work quickly. She was so focused she didn't even notice the time.

"Rosé, wanna come get lunch with us?" Jennie asked. Rosé looked up from her laptop and saw everyone already at the door. Flustered, she closed her laptop and agreed so quickly that she ended up sitting at the cafe across the street with only a tank top and jeans, leaving her shivering in the autumn breeze.

The other girls noticed this, and Jennie even offered her a jacket, but she refused. They also noticed how caught up Rosé was in her own thoughts, barely speaking. But, have they only known the brown eyed girl for a few days, they didn't want to pry.

And then a boy came up to her with his jacket.

"Rosé! Aren't you cold?" he draped his jean jacket over her shoulders.

Jisoo looked at Jennie. Jennie looked at Nayeon. Nayeon looked at jisoo. The three of them looked at Rosé.

"No, I'm fine." the girl wouldn't look at him, which They found confusing. Was she embarrassed that her boyfriend found her? Was this boy her boyfriend? He had to be, right?

"Aw, c'mon Rosé! You have to be cold in this weather." the boy draped the jacket over her once again, and the brown eyed girl let it be. "Now, can we talk about-,"

Before he could finish, her eyes went wide and she stood up, knocking the chair into the boy's gut. Once he doubled over, everyone stood up. Nayeon rushed over to him while Rosé shrugged off the jacket and side stepped over to Jennie.

"Uh, Rosé? Are you sure you're feeling well?" Jennie noticed how pale the girl was. She hugged her arms, which were covered in goosebumps, and how she was shivering uncontrollably. Immediately, Jennie took off her own jacket and forced it on Rosé.

"I think I should take her home now," the boy said, straightening his back. Jennie noticed how Rosé's eyes went wide. She noticed how Rosé's grip on her jacket tightened, and how she stepped closer to Jennie, if that was even possible. Something wasn't adding up.

"I'm her neighbor, I can take her." Jennie said firmly, getting a look from everyone around the table.

"No, it's okay. I'm her boyfriend, it's my job." he said with an outstretched arm towards Rosé. Now, even jisoo noticed the look that passed between the brown eyed girl and the boy.

"No, really. It's fine. We'll take her," jisoo stepped in, grabbing Jennie's arm. The boy laughed awkwardly, but his eyes were firmly set on rosé.

"No, I insist. Rosé looks so pale it's like she's seeing ghosts!" he pushed, and jisoo saw Rosé's facial expression change.