14

"Should we wake them up?"

"They look so comfortable, though."

"Well, yeah, but-,"

"-a bed would be more comfortable."

Jennie and jisoo fall silent for a second, processing the words nayeon had said.

"NAYEON!"  they both exclaimed at the same time, waking Lisa.

"What?"

"That's so-,"

"What's happening?" Lisa mumbled, lifting her head from Rosé's shoulder and pulling the black jacket up her shoulders.

"Nothing. We're back home, so you should probably wake up Rosé and get inside." Jisoo explained before grabbing Jennie by the arm and basically dragging the girl back inside. Nayeon gave them a small smile before leaving, too.

Lisa yawned, forcing herself not to fall asleep on Rosé again. Blinking a couple of times, the brown eyed girl shook Rosé's shoulder gently. It didn't work. Smiling softly to herself, Lisa sat on Rosé's lap and held her face with her hands.

"Rosie," she said softly. Rosé's brown eyes peeked out from her eyelids as she mumbled something that Lisa couldn't understand. "C'mon, Rosie. Jennie's car can't be that comfortable."

"Mmmf," Rosé grumbled before opening her eyes fully, showing off her beautiful brown eyes. Lisa had never been this close to her; never enough to see the great details of her eyes.

And that's when Rosé got flustered. The other girl's face was so close, yet she couldn't move. They stayed in that position for a moment, Lisa studying the depth of Rosé's eyes, before the brown eyed girl realized what she was doing and grew pink.

They both stumbled out of the car and back into the apartment. Rosé checked her email, her messages, for anything about how her book was doing. She had submitted the draft to her editor around four weeks ago, and they had said to give them four to seven weeks. Still, she was impatient for it.

Lisa, on the other hand, had applied for a job at the local McDonald's to help Rosé with the rent money.

There was a knock on the door. Lisa shouted for it while Rosé went upstairs, not wanting to deal with Jennie and Lisa's loud friendship. She heard the door open as she collapsed onto the bed, feeling the cool sheets against her skin. She was about to close her eyes when a shriek ran through the air.

Rosé sprang off her bed and flew down the stairs. A middle aged women stood at the door, her eyes wide and her jaw on the floor.

"Uh... do I know y-?"

"Lisa?" the women stammered, her eyes never leaving the brown eyed girl. Shit, Rosé thought, flicking Lisa back to a ghost before she could come up with a better plan. The women's jaw dropped farther and she took a step, her arms outstretched like she was trying to catch the glimpse of the brown eyed girl she saw.

"Wh- what? Where... where is-," she stammered looking around when, in fact, Lisa was just an inch away from her. Rosé noticed the sad glaze in the younger girl's eyes and was about to question her, when she quickly rethought it.

"Ma'am, I don't know any Lizas..." rosé lied, pronouncing the girl's name wrong for extra effect. The women shook her head, stepping back into the hall.

"No-no, it's Li-," she sighed, cutting herself off. "Nevermind. I'm sorry for intruding. It's just, my daught- I didn't know anyone moved in. I'm chitthip."

"I'm, uh, Rosé. Wh-what were you trying to do? Y'know, if I hadn't moved in." Rosé stammered.

"It's silly. My- uh, my daughter used to live here. She... passed away. Anyway, I'm sorry, I'll leave now." Chitthip sighed, turning away. Rosé went to close the door, when Lisa started shouting.

"N-no! Please, Rosé! She's my- my mom! Let her know that I'm here- right here! I need to- she needs to know that I'm okay- no, I need to know that she's okay! And-and My sister and my dad!" Lisa rambled.

Rosé gripped the door knob as she closed the door.

"Rosé! Wh-what are you doing?"Lisa cried, glancing from the door to the other girl's face. "S-stop! Let her know!"

Lisa reached for Rosé's hand, but the brown eyed girl snapped it away, fire in her eyes. "No. You stop, Lisa. Do you know how many times this has happened to me? A ghost begs me to talk to family- to friends. They're all selfish, only thinking for themselves. I lost so many friends because my dad had to hide me from the crowd outside our house, people begging me to let them talk to their dead relatives. I won't let this happen again."

"But..." Lisa had tears welding in her eyes, threatening to fall. "But- Rosé! You-you risked your life for me, when-,"

"You're right. But I would rather die for you then be a translator- a slave- for you. I won't risk my life for you. Not that way."

The door shut. Lisa stared at the brown eyed girl as she made her way back upstairs, the tears starting to fall. When Rosé was certain that chitthip had gotten into her car and drove away, exactly an hour and a half later, she turned Lisa back.

The second the brown eyed girl felt her feet against the cool wooden floor, she quietly slipped on a pair of Rosé's sneakers and left before the brown eyed girl could even come downstairs.

"Uh... hi, Lisa. Where's Rosé?" Jennie asked, a tad confused of the sadness on Lisa's face and the empty space next to her where Rosé usually stood.

"Can I crash with you and jisoo for a little? Rosé is... we, uh, kinda got in a fight." she explained softly. Jennie nodded, barely understanding, but letting the girl in anyway. Lisa shuffled upstairs, passing by jisoo without a look.

The turtle rabbit girl watch the younger girl go, and gave Jennie a confused look. "Wh-?"

"I don't know. But apparently, Chaelisa got in an argument of some sort and now she's gonna crash with us until they make up." Jennie shrugged, plopping down on the couch.

"If they ever."