Chapter 13

Finally Free
Chapter 13

New beginnings

Mac helped me get off the table bent down and picked up my dress struggling to put it on. We got into the car and headed to the nearby hospital, we arrived a short while later and headed to the reception, and were admitted to the labor ward.

We reached the labor ward and were shown to a delivery suite. I strip and put on a gown and climb on the bed as a contraction hits which isn't that bad.

"Was that one babe?"

"Yeah. Not so bad."

"You can hold my hand if you want. I can stand the pain of you squeezing it."

"I didn't think you were into pain."

"I'm not but I don't want you to be in pain either but you'll be because of me."

"It's all your fault you made me pregnant."

"Hopefully I did."

"What if it isn't yours will you still love it and me?"

"Babe, I know it's mine and if it's not then I'm okay with that it's not your fault or this baby's fault."

"I hope that's true. I love you so much that I would hate it if you hated my baby because it wasn't yours."

"I'll love it and I'll love you."

"What if I died Mac or something happens? You promise to look after Mackenzie. You'd love it enough for both of us."

"Melissa I promise I'll look after our baby regardless if I'm not the dad or not."

The nurse came in and checked my progress I was only four centimeters dilated I have a long time to go. The nurse said that we had a while to go and that I was just to relax and concentrate on my breathing when the contractions hit. They were ten minutes apart.

Five hours later

"You son of a bitch! I'm not liking you right now Mac. You're hurting me now."

"That's just normal Mr. Rodriguez's moms say things like that all the time."

"You don't mean that baby. It'll be over soon enough." As Mac puts a wet cloth on my head.

"I'm sorry babe I don't mean that I know that you don't want to hurt me."

"It's almost over you're nine centimeters dilated only one centimeter to go."

The nurse left us alone again.

"So you think you're ready to meet my parents? They probably won't like that you are how you are."

"What do you mean by how I am?"

"You aren't exactly normal are you."

"I'm trying to be. I bet they won't like me because I'm half Latino if so then they're racist assholes. We don't need them in our lives if they think that because our child will be a quarter Latino too. Though I'm half Latino I have more of my mom's side in me. Walter didn't get much of a look in I probably won't either."

"I hope it looks like you you're a sexy babe."

"You sure they haven't given you drugs yet?"

"Nope, I've always thought you were sexy even more so now."

Just then the door opens and Josh and Coco come inside.

"Hey, happy parents-to-be. How close are we until we get to meet a new Rodriguez?"

"Nine centimeters it's taking forever to happen."

"Honey, it'll happen soon enough then you'll have a sweet baby to look after." The nurse comes back in.