Chapter 11: More About Him!

=========================

David and Toni made small talk along the way back to the Hicks home, Ace watched with a small smile that Toni's slowly getting into his circle, Ace doesn't not want to be her boyfriend he just doesn't know how to be a boyfriend.

David: ... We watched the show last night.

David said glancing over to Ace in the passenger seat while he was curious to see what his family's reaction.

David: I'm proud of you, son.

David said with a smile, Ace didn't know he needed that but he did and the smile that grew on his face was evidence to Toni that Ace looks up to his father, Toni watched while they spoke about last night and it was cute to see Ace smiling.

David pulled the car into the drive way of what Toni assumes is their home, it's a basic cute little family home and Toni loves it, David got out the car and Ace turned around to face Toni.

Ace: You sure you want to do this? You can still tuck tail and run the other way.

Toni chuckled to him and leant forward pressing her lips onto his, Ace wasn't expecting that, this who relationship thing is new to him but he isn't complaining not until she broke the kiss anyway.

Toni: Come on. I wanna meet Ariana.

Ace was looking forward to this, Ariana and Toni are probably the most important girls in his life right now, Lori and Carol are a really close second but Toni's something special and that smack Chris gave him on the head with a steel chair really helped him see that.

Ace followed David into the house as Toni was close behind him, she actually looked a little nervous about this and honestly so was Ace, he's never brought someone home before let alone a girl that he actually likes and doesn't want to just screw and never see again.

Ace, David and Toni hung their jackets up and they left their bags by the door, Ace will sort them out later, they both then followed David into the joining kitchen to see Ariana doing her homework, Lori cooking something while aunt Carol had a glass of wine in her hand.

David: Guess who's back...

Ace smiled while Ariana dropped what she was doing and ran over to him, Toni chuckled to them while Ace lifted Ariana in his arms with a grunt still feeling the affect of his right shoulder.

Ariana: Are you okay?

Ace nodded while holding her up and letting go of the hug his aunt Carol.

Ace: Yeah, just a saw shoulder is all.

That's not true, Ace dislocated his shoulder and has a mild concussion for the second week in a row, it's bugging to him that he has two in the last 2 weeks he's been at AEW while he never got a single one during his time on the Indi circuit.

Lori: Hiya baby...

Lori hugged her son and in doing so saw Toni standing behind him, Lori remembered what Ariana said last night and seeing her at the show made her wonder if there was some truth behind her daughters words.

Lori: ... And you must be Toni. We've heard a lot about you.

Ace and Toni looked confused as he kept his sister up in his left arm, David moved around the kitchen counter to get a drink while Toni and Ace had the same sort of response.

Ace/Toni: You have?

Carol chuckled to her nephew's confusion as David opened up a bottle of water grinning, Ace noticed all this and already regretted this decision to let Toni meet them.