Newtmas: Perfectly Not Normal

Pair: Thomas x Newt
Show: The Maze Runner
Genre: Fluff
Warnings: none

What if the world was never affected by the sun flares or the flare. Everything was normal.

The creators of WICKED were just insane people, trying to find cures to any modern illness, taken kids from their families.

"Breaking News, an organization known as WICKED was revealed to having kidnapped children, specifically teens, forcing them to live in a 'glade'. The organization wiped the memories of the teens and had them surviving alone in the supposed 'glade'. experts say that the kids escaped through a very large and moving Maze, and......." the reporter said in the television, they were showing images of the glade, helicopters were going in taking the kids who they left behind out.

Thomas sat there with his friends, they were all waiting for the police to track down their parents.

Their parents Thomas thought to himself. He couldn't believe it was real, it didn't feel real.

Then came a man and a woman, both average height, both dark hair, they both had wide eyes and a frantic look on their face, they checked in at the desk, the lady at the desk looked over and pointed at Thomas.

They ran in "Thomas!!" The woman yelled. Thomas looked up from his daydream and quickly sprung up from his seat.

"Oh my goodness" the woman ran up to him.

"My Son" the man said, tears rolling down his face.

Thomas didn't remember them, but nonetheless found himself sobbing into their arms. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw his friends reuniting with their families, Minho, Newt, Frypan, and Theresa. His heart stung knowing that Chuck wouldn't be here to reunite with his parents.

Theresa made eye contact with Thomas, as if she knew what he was feeling, she gave him a sympathetic look.

Thomas then followed his parents out of the station, ready to, well, restart his life.

San Francisco, California. October 15th, two months later.

The last thing Thomas needed right now was school. Two months after escaping the maze he had to go back to school?

They gave him time to adjust, but definitely not enough time.

His neighbor, Brenda, who he'd become close to recently, told him it was no big deal. "I don't know what you went through in there, but you fought for your life! High school isn't anything compared to that."

Thomas shrugged, she was probably right, but she couldn't remember school very well, he knew he went to school, but didn't exactly remember it, he also didn't really remember Brenda and her Tío, Jorge, apparently he knew them growing up.

He walked through the brown doors into the cramped high school, following closely behind Brenda. She was a senior, he was a junior, as he walked through the hallways he heard people whispering about him, heard stuff like "is that Thomas?" "I think so, he looks so different?" "hey isn't that one of those guys that escaped that maze thing?" "Yeah, apparently he doesn't remember anything"

Brenda dropped him off at his first class, he felt a sudden wave of anxiety. "Good luck" she had said. "Thanks" he said blankly. She turned and quickly left to go to her own class.

He took a deep breath before entering the classroom, he was insanely anxious, as if a griever would pop out from behind the door.

Thomas brushed it off. He really didn't want to have some sort of PSTD flashback episode, especially not here or now.