Chapter 17

Pete was throwing up nonstop. After two days Top had to put him under medication and fluids because he couldn't stomach a thing without throwing up violently. The action of throwing up was putting great pressure on his stomach and chest.

Chay was standing next to the nurse with big eyes, observing how the doctor patted Pete's head and gave him comfort, trying desperately to make him drink. Were all pregnancies like this? I don't like it.

"That's nothing. Some people have it much worst." The nurse next to him said, as if reading his mind, laughing at the horror that showed on the boy's face.

"What can we do to help him?" Chay knew a lot about the human body, he studied it all day, but he did not reach the pregnancy part yet. In fact, after being with Pete he started to think about working with pregnant people when time comes.

"Top has to lower his blood pressure, that's why he is acting like this. Usually it happens around the end of the eighth month, but the end of the fifth is somehow fine as well." The nurse tried to explain what happens to Pete's body and why it has such a reaction as detailed as she could, she knew the boy was studying to get into medicine and tried to help a little. "High blood pressure affects only a small precent of pregnancies."

Chay nodded and left the medical ward, there's nothing he can do to help at the moment.

After the incident he wasn't shaken, simply because he still doesn't know what happened.

Porsche was around him much more, Khun was sitting on his neck and not letting him out of sight and even Chan, the bodyguard of Korn, seems to keep a tight eye on him.

He did not like it. He felt like every little move of him was recorded. Chay decided to stay in his room. Exam's are over and he only had some interviews once in a while. Chay was accepted to one of his top universities, but he wanted to wait a little more. The deadline for that program was far and he had time to make decisions.

Porsche was busy in the kitchen. Prim's grandson is sick and she had to help her son to take care of him since he's working. Now Porsche was alone in the kitchen, missing the older woman who always had good energy around her.

It was one of the bodyguard's birthday and Porsche decided to make a simple and layered cake. He tried to not move while decorating, not even noticing the man who is staring at him with a soft look in his eyes. He wanted to scare Porsche, but when he saw what he's doing, he decided that it was a bad idea.

Porsche was the calmest when cooking. It was his favorite thing in the world and he liked to be focused on many things at the same time- the main reason why he loved to work alone.

"That's beautiful."

Porsche jumped, knocking his knees at the bottom of the table. The angry face made Kinn's smile grow. Oh how much he absolutely loved making Porsche mad. A new hobby of his.

If he refused to obey him, might as well make him angry.

"Come with me, I need your help with something." Kinn turned around, not waiting for Porsche to answer and made his way to the elevator.

"Wait! Kinn! I'm putting the cake in the fridge." He heard Porsche's fast steps and waited next to the elevator with patience. He has time.

Kinn never asked Porsche for help and he was curious to know what he can help with. The short ride in the elevator was nice, and so is the walk to the office.

Porsche loved Kinn's office. It was big, elegant and rich. All dark colors but absolutely breathtaking.

"Sit please." Kinn gestured Porsche to sit in front of him, turning the iPad on the table around. "I'm going to show you a few photos. I need you to look carefully and tell me if you recognize anyone. Even if you think you recognize someone, tell me."

Porsche was confused but nodded, he wanted to help. Photo after photo and Porsche knew no one. He kept scrolling over tens of photos untill he stopped. Kinn raised his head to look at Porsche's expression, trying to understand if he sees recognition. He does.

"I think I saw him a few times while grocery shopping for the restaurant before." Porsche was not sure, and he knew that he can't just say that he recognizes someone, but Kinn told him to tell him even if he's not sure.

"Was he around you in the store?"

"Uh, yes." Wasn't it obvious if he remembers his face? Porsche never thought much about it, he thought that the man was living around and simply did his grocery  shopping. Why was Kinn asking all that?

"Thank you Porsche. You can go back to work." Kinn dismissed him, taking the iPad to his hands and typing something quickly.

They both got up and left the office, each to a different direction, but not before Kinn gently touched Porsche's tattoo, calming him down and trying to show that everything was fine.

Everything was not fine.

That man was dead. Shot by a sniper right in front on Chan and Kinn. "Damn it." Chan was tired of this game. He felt like someone wanted them to find these people just to kill them in front of them. To mock them.

"It starts to look serious, Kinn. It's not a small mob we are dealing with." Chan tried to understand why the brothers were targets. Them being in the Theerapanyakul household was not enough to have them on the red list.

It was something personal.

Chan tried to think if Hon or his brother did something wrong in the past, but couldn't come up with anything. He did not see Yer for at least five years when they were young and did not know if he had enemies before he appeared with Porsche.

They were at a closed end again. No information and all of the people they could find are dead. They had to carefully wait for the next move.

Kinn reduced the bodyguards in the house. The bodyguards he did not know personally were fired. His own guards were with Porsche and Chan had a few trusted around Porchay. There was one around Pete all the time, the only wish from Vegas was to have Nop around him and Kinn respected that.

Now, they wait.

---

The board in front of the window was wide. Many pictures, documents, notes- a real mess. The young boy stared at it, removing another picture from the board.
What now?

He had his way of getting information, even if it was deleted by the best hackers in the world, but nothing made sense.

The boss was killing his own people. His strongest.

"He's removing everyone from the old group." The fact was terrifying. Crime lords only did it when they had a big plan of revenge and starting all over, powerful. He did not want the people who knew about him and his past to keep on living.

A blank new page.

But who is this person? What all this had to do with the brothers? Why the men tried to harm Chay but were so careful with him and Kinn?

What am I missing?

The young man tried so hard to think. Hon and Yer were under the protection of his father when they were young. Hon was like a brother to his father. His past was horrible, but nothing to do with the crime world.

So Yer?

Kim knew nothing about Yer, only the most basic information. There are about six years gap in his files that are blank and there's nothing about those six years.

Kim tried to make things better, this time alone. He wanted to apologize to Chay but Porsche would not let him get close to him and the family was still mad at him.

He did it for himself. He wanted to show that he's better than that. He wanted to show Korn that he is useful. The only think he did not want to think about was what could've happened if Kinn was not around them that day.

Uncle Yer, come on. Help me to find him and keep your sons safe.

Help me to prove myself to you and the others.