I lower the tone of my voice and let a soft hum out "I love the way you react to me"

I study the rapid acceleration of her heart beat that's so prominent on her neck, she lets out the quietest moan I've ever heard, if i hadn't been so close to her i would've missed it and i'm damn sure glad i didn't. It sent a pulse straight down my body till it had taken over.

I continue dragging my fingertips slowly over the back of her neck deciding to test the waters and move my hand to the side of her neck before lightly applying pressure.

"Austin" it came out in a breath almost like she didn't mean to let it slip

"Yes sweetheart" I moved my gaze back to the mirror in hopes to catch her eyes in mine and sure enough there they were. Her bright blue eyes had become a dark shade of blue and her cheeks were as flushed as could be, almost panting. She was a sight for sore eyes.

She turns away from the mirror to face me and slides her arms around my neck placing her little hands in my hair and pulls slightly causing a torrid moan to escape my mouth.

"Kiss me" her tone is almost at a whine which does nothing for my self control

"All in good time angel" The words slip out before I had time to think, did i seriously just tell this beautiful begging woman who is practically in my lap i wasn't going to kiss her right now.

After a second my head clears from the lusty fog that had clouded over, i bend my head down to place three soft kisses up her neck.

I bring her face to mine and look into her eyes so she can know i'm being sincere

" i wanna kiss you more than i want to breathe right now, but i promised myself i would do this right, i want to take you on a proper date and really do this. I haven't had someone in my life that makes me feel like you sweetheart"

A slightly disappointed look crosses her face and i feel immidiate regret.

"I hate you for being a gentleman" she laughs " if this is your way of asking me out on a real date then i'd better put some nicer clothes on" popping up from the floor she begins walking back to the bathroom, i don't miss the more pronounced sway in her hips as she walks off.  I laugh to myself and stand up in serious need of an ice cold shower.

I walk toward the bathroom door and lean against the frame bringing my arm to rest at the top, "I'll pick you up in an hour?"

She looks to me and smile "I'll be here"

*WARNING MENTION OF ABUSE IN SECOND PARAGRAPH*

Camille

WHAT THE FUCK?! as soon as he leaves the room i crash to the floor. Pull yourself together Cami! It felt like a dream, a really hot only happens in the movies kind of dream. Reaching my hand up to my neck, i could still feel the heat radiating off my body from where he had touched me. He has broken down yet another wall, i swore to myself i would never let another man have his hand around my neck yet all i thought about in that moment was how good his hands felt on my body, it didn't matter where i just needed them.

*SIX YEARS AGO *

"James i told you, you're being ridiculous!"

"IM NOT BEING RIDICULOUS I SAW HOW HE LOOKED AT YOU! ADMIT IT YOU LYING BITCH!"

He approached me in the way he swore he wouldnt ever again, his hand wrapped around my neck squeezing so hard i felt everything going black

"James... please...stop" 

Letting his grip loosening enough to let me speak  "Admit it"

A sob escaped me "I didn't do anything i promise, please just let me go"

He released my neck only to draw his hand back and  smack me across my face

I fell to my knees and couldnt control the crying anymore, when he had left the room and i wrapped my arms around my legs and vowed to get out of here

*****************************

I shook my head to clear the memory from the front of my mind, I wasn't that girl anymore and no man would ever make me feel that way again.

Austin was cracking down the walls i had built up for years, i hadn't dated or slept with anyone in these past six years.

Men terrified me, when one would get too close i would feel my heart stop. Or attempt to touch me  my hands would begin to tremble, yet somehow when he is close i feel safe.

I'm scared to let him in but i'm more scared of what will happen if i don't.

Authors Note:
Hi again! you may be experiencing frustration, fear not i am prepared to make it up to you ;) On another note, we learned a little more about Camis past, her cause for anxiety and hesitation toward Austin at first. We will dive more into her past soon and it will become clear to Austin why she's more nervous at first touch.
Love you! -C