"I've told you a million times that I don't want to talk about her!" Damien half yelled, even though he was the one that had asked about her.

Hearing her name distracted him, messed up his head, and the fact that Alvarez was questioning the love he had for her in the past upset him deeply.

He had loved her so much, even more than his life, but he could never forget the deep cut betrayal she'd given him, prior to his leave. She had treated him like trash, throwing their relationship in the gutter, so what did it matter.

He didn't want to think about it, he didn't!

"Why not? You had no problem making more than three weeks of her life here miserable, so why shouldn't I talk about her? And all this because of a silly misunderstanding, you don't even know the full story about? There's so much more to this story, and if you had been kinder towards her, maybe she would have explained. You and I know that pretty Maddie wasn't only like that. Whatever she must have done to you, something must have warranted it."

The full story? Damien frowned, confused at the same time. Pretty Maddie, not like that? He wondered, his mind spinning, as he tried to grasp what Alvarez was trying to say.

"What did she tell you? Tell me everything you know, I want to know."

Alvarez shook his head, "I don't know too. She was adamant, she wouldn't tell me. But I could tell it was something huge, by the worried look that was always on her face. Something happened! Back then In Kettlesworth, while we were trying to move on with our lives here in New York, Madison was going through hell..."

Damien felt curiosity and guilt poke at his heart. Hearing that she had left, made him feel like he really had gone too far. For her to go all the way to London to escape all of this, she must have felt quite terrible.

It was to sudden, to soon, and coupled with the fact that there were so many things he didn't know, he was beginning to regret his actions.

All through her stay here, he hadn't for one day thought of talking to her. No matter what had happened in the past, at least for good times sake, he should have talked to her, asked questions and...

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

"Don't curse and bang your hands on the table, like you care now, Damien. The deed has been done, and she's gone." Alvarez spat as he watched Damien get lost in his thoughts, "You know what I've realized from all of this huh?"

Damien didn't say anything, his brain awash, and he heard Alvarez said the worst words that were never true.

"In all these, I came to realize that you never really loved that poor girl."

Damien glared at him in shock, his fingers tightening over the edge of his desk.

He wanted to stand up, grip Alvarez by the chest and warn him never to question his relationship with Madison. It wouldn't matter if he stood up now, and told Alvarez that Madison was the only woman he had ever loved.

Yes, he had been in relationships here and there, but most of them ladies were just after his money, or his looks, or his prowess in bed and nothing more.

None of them had ever loved him the way his Maddie did.

None of them ever gave him that spark he got whenever he was with Maddie!

Even that night, while looking into her eyes, recognizing that strawberry blonde curls from time past, he had felt the spark again but he had tamped it down due to the rage he was feeling.

"As usual you are saying nothing, which just proves my theory all the more." Alvarez continued again, "If you did love Madison, you would never have done all this. All you did was use her like a pawn in your plot of revenge, against the Connors. You knew how terribly it would hurt her family, bruise their ego if they saw how Madison was being humiliated in public for the whole world to see. That's why you pulled that shit you did at the club, and the exact same way you had used her back then. You knew Mr Connor hated you and your father with apassion, and that's why you dated his daughter just to spite him! Makes me wonder, if the gossips back when we were younger were all true. Why Mason resented you not only for sleeping with his ex girlfriend, but also dating his sister." Alvarez shook his head, "I thought you were better than this, Damien. But apparently I was wrong."