Chapter - 12

Breakfast table

After the gift that Ruhana received from Vineet, Anamika coaxed him to know the details of the party.

''Offo, kitna bolti ho tum. Jaane kabse bole hi jaa rahi ho. Meine kaha na event planner hire kiya hai, wo aata hi hoga toh sab pata chal jaayega tumhe. Abhi khao aur khane doh!" An irked Vineet told her, Anamika makes a face.

''Huh!! Baat baat pe ukhadte rehte hai, Di aap iss saddu insaan ke saath kaise rehti ho.'' Anamika commented, clinging on Ruhana, Vineet glared at her.

Ruhana playfully slapped her cheek,''shh!! Aise nahi bolte.'' Ruhana scolded her sister for she doesn't want Anamika to again argue with Vineet who's already irked by her involvement.

Anamika pouted while Vineet giggled at this small achievement.

''Dekh liya na, aab shant raho!!" He told her to which she make a face and concentrate on her meal.

Meanwhile, a servant informs them that Ruhana's parents have arrived. Vineet smiles widely and moves to receive them at the gate but the news upsets Anamika and surprises Ruhana because Vineet hasn't shared anything regarding their arrival.

''Dad ko kyun bula liya Jeej ne? Unke rehte toh shanti se baith nahi sakte, party ka maza kya lenge!" Anamika spoke making a face.

''Ana please, yahan Dad ke saath maat ladna. Wo bas aaj ke liye aaye honge, let him be himself. Jo bole kar dena, nahi toh khamakha baat badhegi aur tu janti hai fir hum Vineet ko jawab nahi de paayenge.'' Ruhana directs her sister to be calm and responsive around their father, Anamika nods, she knows she can't let down her sister. Also, Vineet is still unaware of the real side of Nachiket and they don't even want him to share anything about it.

Vineet welcomes Nachiket and Ragini, Ruhana and Anamika approach them and take their blessings. Nachiketa seems to be at ease finding decorum in the house, especially when Anamika is around.

Vineet asks a servant to show a room to the elderly couple and asks them to rest. They agreed, after all Vineet is asking them something to do, how can they deny him? With a warm smile, they follow the servant.

''Ruu, you should take some rest. Sham ko party hai toh aur thak jaogi, abhi thoda rest kar lo!" Vineet instructed her and wrapped his arms around her shoulder to take her in the room, Ruhana nodded and held Anamika's hand.

''Ana chal, mujhe tujh se kuch baat bhi karni hai.'' Ruhana pulls her along, though Vineet doesn't like it but remains quiet because he does not want to upset Ruhana yet another time that too on her birthday.

Vineet opened the door, reaching the room, the three of them entered. Vineet took Ruhana to the bed so that she can rest while Ruhana takes Anamika along which annoys him.

''Uff, don't tell me tum isko godd mei sula ke baat karne wali ho!" He said, gazing at Anamika sharply while helping his wife to adjust herself on the bed.

''Ooho, tum bhi baat baat pe gussa hote rehte ho. Mujhe bas thodi baat karni hai aur usse abhi rest nahi karna, aur bhi kaam hai usko, samjhe!!" Ruhana states and asks him to pass the gift wrapped box lying on the table, to which he makes a face but follows the command.

Ruhana took the box and passed it to Anamika who took hold of it excitedly. She immediately unwrapped the box only to find a mobile phone inside. Anamika jumped at her toe excitedly and hugged her sister out of happiness.

''Thank you...thank you... thank you so much Di... You know you are the best...THE BEST!!!! Aapke siwa na ye khayal kissi ko nahi aata ki mujhe iski jarurat thi. I love you!!" An excited and overwhelmed Anamika pecked her sister's cheeks, Ruhana giggled at her act.