Chapter 40 - Growth

(Being that this story is fully written now, I'll probably drop the rest of it relatively quickly. I'm already 8 full chapters into my Changlix story, so that will probably go up soon as well! I'm excited for that one, though I don't expect it to be nearly as long. Enjoy!)

I collapsed back on the wall and slid down. I stared at the ceiling and took some deep breaths.

Holy shit.

I wouldn't have been able to deal with that before therapy. No way. That was stone fucking cold. Broken my ass. That was incredible. That was terrifying. I shouldn't be here, and yet here I am alone with my friends.

Who are tied up and I might be falling into a trap.

Was my act good enough? Is he standing outside waiting for me to break out with my friends? How is he creepier in person? Is everyone else worrying about where I am?

I hope, I hope not, no idea, and probably, respectively.

I shook myself out of my fear, knowing the next step is to at least let them know they were safe for now. I stood up and opened the door wide enough to see if there were any cameras. But directly in front of me was the silver from the baseboard heating above the carpeting.

Seungmin is a fucking genius.

I walked around the room and checked everywhere I could think of, still with the door shining light on my friends.

"Your instinct was right, Felix." I said, "Thanks for not saying anything."

I stood in front of him to lift the hood and let him talk.

"Chan?" I walked over to help Changbin too. "How did you find us?"

"Seungmin is a genius." I repeated out loud.

"I'm so tired of this creep!" Changbin screamed the instant I uncovered his mouth.

"He's way creepier than he was in the video." I told them. "I didn't think that was possible."

"So can you get us out of here?"

"Not yet." I told them honestly. "He'll know I let you out."

"Chan," Changbin got serious, and I could imagine his eyes narrowing and eyebrows coming together beneath the blindfold. "You know what that actually means, right?"

"Yes, I knew what I was getting into when I knocked on the door."

"Chan, don't put yourself through that. It's awful." Felix pleaded with me.

"Trust me. I'll get help soon. I need to put you back together. I don't know how long he's going to be gone."

I put the handkerchiefs back on and the hoods over their heads, trying to be gentle as possible. Before I left, I kneeled down and briefly held their hands. I promise I'll get you out, I tried to say through a simple squeeze. I closed the door behind me and didn't see anyone nearby. I rushed around to try and figure out where their cell phones might be. There wasn't much in the living room, so I wandered towards where I thought the bedroom was. The door was open, and no one was inside.

They're so stupid to just leave me in here alone.

I quickly identified Felix's phone on the dresser. The only other furniture in the room was a king-sized mattress on the floor. I remembered his password, since we decided to share them with each other in case we ever got in trouble and needed the others to help us. I immediately opened up his texts with Minho, and sent one cry for help, hoping they'd know what to do.

I don't have much time

They're here

8th floor

Apartment 811

I'm pretending to be security

I can't leave without becoming suspicious

Please help

-Chan