Chapter Twenty:

That day, we had taken time to get used to our spots for the actual dance. We knew what we were doing in the dance, but some parts were patchy for me. Let's just say, I was a little confused as to what I was supposed to be doing at times.

So there I stood, arms extended with my left leg held out in front of me. Every once in a while, I would glance at my reflection through one of the stretched mirrors on the wall. I sighed heavily and turned my head to the side.

"Mark," I called.

"Yeah?" His lips smacked as he lowered his water bottle from his mouth. He quickly twisted the lid back onto the bottle, plastic cracking when he sat it down onto one of the foldable chairs behind him.

"Am I in the right place?" I said, trying to keep my arms and legs as still as possible, like a frozen statue.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, just... Here," he said, as he started to pace over to me. "Maybe just..." he spoke once more. Through the mirror before me, I saw him raise his hands to my waist. He hesitated for a moment, allowing his hands to hover over my waist just inches away. I could feel his warmth radiate onto my skin. "May I?" He asked, glancing his dark brown orbs into the mirror before us. I clenched my teeth before answering.

"Yeah," I spoke softly, glancing down. Mark placed his hands onto my hips and gently pushed me to the side by a couple centimeters. His face was placed just between my ear and my shoulder, gradually brushing his cheek against my neck on accident.

I didn't realize it at first, but within the few seconds he did that, I stopped breathing. It was like if I continued to inhale and exhale, I would ruin the moment. It was like a glass vase was resting onto my stomach, and taking one breath would cause that vase to shatter into a million tiny pieces.

"There," he responded lowly, almost in a whisper. He only moved his eyes downwards, as he stepped away from me.

What was he doing to me that made me feel this way? What is this feeling?

"Thank you," I said, feeling the corners of my mouth tug upwards into a smile. Mark clenched his teeth, causing his jawline to form sharply.

"Anytime," he smiled.