Chapter Nine:

White.

White sheets.

I giggled as I hid underneath the covers of my bed. I covered my mouth with my hands, trying to muffle my giggles for as long as I could.

"Hm...I wonder where {Y/N} is..." I heard someone say, creaking open the door to the bedroom. I snickered profusely. Then, in that moment, I felt the sheets being dragged off of me. I rolled over to see fluffy black hair in my face.

Mark.

"I found you," he grinned widely. He began to crawl on top of me, but suddenly stopped near my stomach. He rested his elbows on either side of my waist, placing his chin in his hands.

"Yeah, I guess you did," I laughed as I ruffled his hair. I let the individual hairs on his head seep through my fingers, feeling the softness of it. He closed his eyes, seeming to enjoy it. I smiled.

"I love you, {Y/N}..." said Mark, as he let his eyes flutter open. He gently placed his chin on my stomach, near my bellybutton.

"I love you too, Markimoo," I responded back while smiling. He rose up to place a soft kiss on my forehead.

————————————————————————————

The sunlight shined through my window causing me to slowly open my eyes. I stayed in bed for a minute and zoned out through the window, admiring the sun hitting my face. I smiled a little, then sat up. I pushed myself out of bed with my hands, yawning in the process. I rubbed my eyes as I walked into the kitchen. I rummaged through my cabinets, only to end up choosing cereal. I grabbed the cardboard box by standing on my tiptoes, dragging my feet towards the fridge and grabbing the milk carton. I placed both the cereal box and the milk carton on the counter.
From a distance, I heard the pitter-patter of my dog's claws against the tiled floor as the sound grew closer to me. She clawed against my leg, begging me to pet her.

"Hey, Bubbles," I said in a baby voice as I scratched behind her ears.

When I first got Bubbles, she was in rough condition. As I walked along the long, isolated hall filled with dog cells and loud barking, I noticed her straight away. Her white and light fluffy brown fur was matted, with patches of hair missing in places. Her ears drooped from either side of her snout, and one of her paws laid in an odd position. She glared up at me with sadness in her eyes. I knew that I had to take her home.

Once I took her into my house I gave her a bath, just to clean her up a bit. Right beforehand, I had bought all of the needs that I needed for her, stuff like dog food, a collar, dog bowls, etcetera. I ended up going to Starbucks after shopping, grabbing myself a coffee. I also ended up giving Bubbles her very first Puppuccino.

At the end of the day, I had decided to give her a walk and play with her for a while outside. I had found a container of bubbles laying around the house, having no memory of actually buying it. I had decided to blow some bubbles outside. I untwisted the lid to the wand, sticking it into the bubble solution a couple times before actually blowing the bubbles. The clear bulbs danced in the wind, causing most of them to travel upwards towards the orange sky while the other bubbles fell straight towards the ground. After a while, I noticed that she started to chase around the bubbles, getting excited every time she chomped down into one of them. In that moment, I had realized the perfect name for her.

"Are you hungry?" I said, taking the bag of dog food and opening the bag to fill her tin dog bowl. Once I did this, she rushed towards the bowl and started to fill her mouth with pellets of dog food. I placed down the bag to finish making my bowl of cereal. I opened the box carefully and tore open the plastic bag inside. I poured the cereal into the white, glass bowl. The individual cereal flakes clinked once it hit against the sides of the bowl. I placed down the cereal box and began to untwist the lid to the milk. I gently poured the milk into the bowl, watching the cereal rise to the brim of the bowl. I stuck a spoon into the cereal, and raised my hand to my mouth to take a bite. I placed the spoon back into my cereal before reaching into my back pocket to look at my phone. I saw a text from Luna.

Luna- So, have you told him yet?

I rolled my eyes, then began to text back:

Me- No... I'm really thinking about saying no though

I closed off of message, tapping on my music app. I clicked on my "Classical Music" playlist for today, then sat my phone face first on the counter. I clicked the side of my phone, turning up the volume a little. I went back to eating my cereal.

I zoned out as I ate, but then suddenly realized the song that was playing:

Clair De Lune.

I stopped chewing suddenly, thinking. My eyes first traveled to my left, then my right. I blinked a couple times, then swallowed some of the cereal that was still in my mouth. My feet slowly began to balance themselves on their tiptoes. In that moment, my brain went back to when I performed at my audition.

I began the song with a Arabesque, planting my right foot onto the ground and slowly extending my left leg off the floor and around the back of my body.

I felt my leg extend off the floor. I closed my eyes softly.

Lowering my leg, I then began to balance on my ballet slippers, gently tapping them against the wooden floor. I gracefully extended my arms to my side, letting them linger through the air.

I balanced on my tiptoes once more, gently gliding along the tiled floor of my kitchen. I did this for a while, not realizing I was in my kitchen anymore. I shut out all distractions, only focusing on the next move to make.

My left leg turned inwards, causing my body to spin. I rested my foot onto my inner thigh, feeling the cold breeze from the spin against my nose and cheeks.

I felt myself began to spin in the middle of my kitchen, letting the memories flood my mind. I still allowed my eyes to be closed.

I froze still for several seconds, then went from a Chassé to a Grand Jeté, first letting my feet chase one after the other of its position across the stage, then quickly allowing my legs to jump and perfect the splits. I stuck the landing then gently tapped to the sound of the music once more.

I mimicked the moves from my audition, remembering what I had once achieved. I moved gracefully across my kitchen, not worrying if anyone were to walk in nor how ridiculous I looked at the moment.

I felt my right foot bend more than it should. I fell backwards, landing on my right foot as I hit the ground.

I froze in place, as my hands were still high above my head. I let my eyes flutter open. I slowly stepped down from being on my tiptoes, and lowered my hands. I exhaled, closing my eyes softly.

That was the first time in a while since I felt the rush of dancing.