One; Dear Diary..

A\N
In this font, italics show that she's writing in her diary.

In the normal font, it shows that she's no longer writing in her diary.

ENJOY!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

ENJOY!!--------------------------------------------------------------

Imani Harris...
*2 years ago*

Dear Diary,
It is the 29th of July 2020 and it's the day my parents died, they died last year around this time and it has just been hell.

Last year there was a shooting in the village I lived in that took over fifty lives and my parents were among the fifty.

My relatives couldn't take care of my sister and me because they were poor so a woman named Alizah adopted us.

I've been in two foster homes and the experience has been horrible. In my first foster home, my sister and I were adopted by Alizah who would go out every night and come back with a stranger.

We never had a normal day with her because she would either be partying or she would be out with a new man every month it was horrible!

She got in big trouble once and the people at the adoption centre took us away from her, but now I wished we were still with her and here's why...

I'm in my second foster home now together with my sister and we are in a household with two abusive and alcoholic parents.

I was like a maid, I do every chore there is every day and if I'm being honest, I am tired of it.

My sister just helps out and mostly goes on errands, I just hope that in a short amount of time my sister and I will leave and we will both have a happy ending together.

Fuck me

Lea my foster mum just called me I better go see what she wants before I get a beating, I'm covered in purple bruises which fucking sucks

Bye!

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Give me a sec, I'm coming" I sighed in resentment. I hurried and hid my diary underneath a drawer.

I quickly made my way downstairs and entered the kitchenette.

With all the money the adoption centre gives them, these asshats don't even have the sense to upgrade the kitchen a bit instead they just spend the money all on alcohol.

It's honestly a shame but nothing I can do, apparently "I'm just a kid and I know nothing".

"Get those dirty clothes off the floor and go wash them" I heard Lea from behind me. "What dirty clothes?" I asked her because I don't see any around here.

"The ones in the bathroom" she replied instantly. "Well you could've just said that they were in the bathroom," I said.

"Respect yourself before I slap you," she said taking a seat on the couch.

"For what? I haven't done anything wrong, I only asked a question to your stupid command" I argued

"Watch your tone, rat" she started "also get me the remote that's over there" she tried reaching out to the remote that was just a few centimetres away from her.

This bitch.

I took the remote at tossed it at her when she couldn't catch it on time I laughed and ran off as the remote hit her huge head.

I ran up the stairs and went into the bathroom, I picked up the clothes and kept them in the washing machine. I got some powder and liquid soap and add them to the washing machine.

As I was about to leave the bathroom I felt something hard on my back, I hissed in pain and turned around.

It was Jon, Lea's boyfriend, in his hands was a belt and behind him was Lea with horribly done makeup on her ugly face and...Is she take crying?

"So you have the guts to slap my girlfriend huh?" Jon asked hitting me again with the belt on my back. I quickly reacted and held the spot he hit.

"I didn't slap her she's fake crying and a slap wouldn't leave that big of a bruise on her ugly face," I said getting back up.

"Shut up you piece of shit!" Lea yelled from behind him, he slapped me and I held my face as I groaned in pain.

"That was done by make-up and she sucks at it are you fucking blind?" I yelled.

"Shut it your stupid sister gets it"

I instantly stopped talking, they can't do anything to her id rather take all the beatings than for her to get hurt.

"That's what I thought now go to your room and you won't be having dinner tonight." I walked into my room and locked it.

I sat on the floor and let out a blood Curling scream. Why, why me, I don't know what I did to deserve this. Its times like this when I was with Alizah because she would still comfort us.

My eyes slowly started to get heavier and heavier by the second and just like that I was engulfed by the darkness.
_________________________________________

A/N

THIS WAS THE FIRST CHAPTER!!
sorry, it was kinda short, I will try to be writing longer chapters for the rest of this book!!

Word count: 865

Have a great day!!
-Grace :)

Have a great day!!-Grace :)