Chapter 12 | Flowers

Start from the beginning

Not knowing what to say I nodded and averted my gaze from her bare legs.

I washed my hands and wiping them I said trying to divert my attention, "I thought you wouldn't wake up until noon."

"I wasn't going too but I know you didn't have your medicine till now, did you?"

Oh shit. "Umm..." I smiled sheepishly. "I forgot."

"I knew it." And she handed me my medicines. "Get well fast, you have to take me to the beach then."

"No wonder why you are taking care of me so well." I teased her.

And rolling her eyes, she playfully shoved me on my arm. "Obviously. Why else would I look after you? I hate you, remember?"

Does she now?

She filled up a glass with water and handed it to me and I swallowed the medicines with the water.

"What would you like for breakfast?" I asked keeping back the empty glass.

She leaned against the counter making the t shirt to ride up even more and I lowered my eyes. "Hmm...what all is on the menu, chef?"

"Um... whatever you want..." I rubbed the back of my neck. Can't she wear something underneath?

"It's okay. You don't need to make anything...I'll have some cereals only."

"Okay..." I muttered and with my eyes still on the floor, I moved away from there and sat on the couch in the living room instead.

And she joined me a minute later with a bowl and a spoon in her hand and slumped down beside me and stretching her legs, placed them on the coffee table infront of the couch.

"You can go back to work from Monday. I'm okay now." I told her.

She munched on the cereals. "It's okay...I can wait for another week."

"No. I insist. I am much better now."

"You sure?"

I nodded with my eyes fixed on the coffee table.

"Okay. Then don't complain about it later. And not a single word against Zeke if you don't want me to skin you alive." She warned.

"No promises."

"You are evil."

"Thanks."

.
.
.

"I am reminding you this for the last time." She spoke as we entered the penthouse elevator. "Don't pick up a fight with Zeke because between you two...I would always chose him."

I took a step closer to her making her take a step back until she was backed up against the wall and I placed both of my hands on the wall, trapping her in.

Her eyes widened as I leaned down and whispered, "I don't like it when someone flirts with my wife. Especially him."

She started to blink and averted her gaze from me and chuckled nervously. "Ha...you are funny..."

"I am fucking serious."

"And you say you don't curse." She was trying to change the subject.

My hand encircled her waist and I pulled her closer to me while my other hand was still resting on the wall and she placed both of her palms on my chest trying to keep some distance between us.

I whispered in her ear, "I don't care if our marriage is fake or not. As long as we are married, you are mine and only mine."

"You have gone insane." She chuckled nervously again. "You can't say such things..."