Chapter 7: A Guilty Pleasure

Start from the beginning

I'm still stuck on the fact that he fell from a tree. What was he doing up there? The situation is not impossible at all. Some people do spend time with others they just met. One Nights Stands are not uncommon. But randomly meeting someone in that field, from a tree. Isn't he suspicious? Was he stalking Jungkook? Is he a peeping tom?

"You got his name?"

He sheepishly shook his head.

"You allowed a stranger into your home. Let him invade your bed and your lips and you didn't ask for his name?"

"Don't tell Jin hyung. He will disappointed with me. He often tells me not to befriend strangers."

"And he's right. What if that guy is a psycho? What if he's a murderer? What was he doing up in that tree?"

"He seemed nice."

"Kook, you think everyone's nice."

"But he didn't do anything bad to me."

"Are you sure he didn't? You don't feel weird or different when you woke up?"

"I felt fine. I had a good sleep."

"Nothing hurt?"

He shook his head.

"It's good that you didn't just keep this to yourself. I won't tell Hoseok or your hyung. You can trust me. When was this? And have you seen him after that day?"

"The other day. I never saw him since."

"You can tell me if he comes back. And please, when he does, get his name."

He nodded and smiled. "Thank you, hyung. I'm glad I can tell you my secret."

I smiled and gently patted his arm. "You can tell me anything."

"Can I ask you something too?"

"What is it?"

"How do you kiss?"

■■■

Taehyung's POV

I quietly laid three Tiger Flowers on Jungkook's bed. We often leave dried flowers of our namesake to signify our kills. But now I'm using it for something else. I'm not sure exactly. I'm confused myself. It's a been a week since that day. I'm always here, watching him but I never showed my presence. I should not have kissed him. Cause now he's stuck in my head. The sunlight reminds me of his warmth that cold rainy night. All I see is his eyes whenever I look up at the stars. And every bit of sweetness I taste makes me remember his lips. Fuck. I'm turning sentimental. I haven't been in the right mind since.

I should not see him again. I should stay away. I should finish my job here so that I can leave. That one day is enough. Although I know that it wasn't. I've been wanting to get close. Like a moth that can't help but be attracted to the flame. I've never been this way. I've never met someone I badly wanted to see. Even if he's not the Grim Reaper's brother, there's no way we're happening. I should not let his gentleness be tainted by my world. I can't let the ghouls and the devils get to him.

I stood at the middle of his trailer, inhaling his scent. My chest feels heavy. I sighed to ease the feeling. Fucking doesn't help. I quickly went out to leave. Just as then, I saw him gliding through the air. He had his one arm raised. His hair was getting blown by the wind. Fucking shit. I thought this only happens in movies. Fuck Physics. Time can be slowed. Especially if you're looking at someone so beautiful.

Fuck. They're coming. Fuckity fuck. He can't see me. I roamed my eyes and looked for somewhere to hide. Then checked if he already saw me. Too late. He already did. His smile dropped. He pulled a face. Why does he look angry? He got off of the bicycle and stomped towards his trailer. The tall, handsome guy he was with was smiling at me. I glared at him. Why is he here? Why did he bring him home?