Chapter 16

Mercades pov
"Jojo can you please stop?" I ask practically begging the 5 year old. She wants keeps on screaming and yelling while I'm trying to put the twins down for a nap. It's really starting to annoy me but what else can I do? Im not get mom.

"Joelle leilani!" A voice says loudly. Joelles loudness halts immediately. My eyes direct there attention to Joe standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

He looks very intimidating right now. His hair is in a messy bun and his beard isn't as neatly trimmed as it normally is. He's wearing a black tank top and gray sweatpants. I love it when he wears gray sweatpants.

Iykyk😭

He walks over stands in front of her . She plays with her hands and stares at her feet. Shit I would too if Joe was looking at me like that.

"What did mercy tell you to do?" He asks her. She mumbles a response that's too low for Joe and myself to hear.

"I can't hear you." He says. She huffs loudly before repeating herself.

"To stop being louddd. She says dragging the d.

"So why did I hear her tell you to stop multiple times?" She srugs her shoulders. When it comes to jojo, Joe doesn't went to be too hard in her since she's very emotional and with everything going on with the twins and her parents separation her trying to keep her happy.

We've had countless conversations about this and he tells the same thing  over and over again. So I've stopped trying.

"Go to your room. We'll talk later." He says. The 5 year old runs up the brown staircase to her room.

"She starting to get out of hand a bit." Joe days taking the little girl who we named riley Zaya. The name just fit her perfectly.

"You might need to start being a bit more stern with her." I say rocking Jacob back and forth slowly.

"Babe..." he starts.

"I know i know but at some point your going to have to." I say laying Jacob gently on the ground on top of some blankets I put there earlier.

"You know why she's acting like this right?" I say laying my head on his arm. He looks down at me then back at our daughter who begins to coo slightly.

"Enlighten me." He says wiping some dribble  off of her mouth.

"Because she's not the only one here anymore." He looks at me. "She was used to being the only one getting attention from the both of us and now it's not like that anymore."

He sighs deeply.

"Mercy we promised her we wouldn't treat her like that." I nod my head in agreement.

"And we haven't been at least i don't think so." I say with my voice fading out. He runs a hand though his brown hair and sighs deeply.

Sorry this is short

Just a filler cuz Idk how to finish this chapter

~Za'Mahj🫶🏾🤎