chapter 6

I got up and made my way downstairs, today James was already here.

"good morning" he chirped.

"morning yourself" I replied.

last nights texts had got a bit flirty between us, it must of been odd for James seeing as to him I was already his girlfriend but to me he was a brand new exciting love interest...And I found him VERY interesting.

"what have you got planned for me today then Mr maslow" I said sitting down next to him as he stroked fox.

"nothing really, I brought your post round. I think this is about the investigation from the hospital" he said tapping a large brown envelope that was addressed to me.

"oh okay" I said smiling and opened it up,

I quickly read through it.

"its just a statement of what happened when I was admitted that's all, its all worded very medically I don't really understand it." I said placing it back on the table.

James picked it up and read through "they must be trying to save there own skins" James said as he scanned the papers.

"how do you mean?" I asked,

"well this statement, it looks like someone has gone to a lot of trouble...they are insisting that you were checked for a bracelet but they couldn't find one... I can see this going to court bells, at the end of the day its neglect"

"he is right Isabelle" said kendall from the far end of the kitchen "I bet they checked if you had insurance... Checking for medical tags should be second nature to them bells" he continued.

I had another look at the papers, "what happened to the person that hit me?" I asked

"it was put down to an accident, they were within the speed limit, you just walked out in front of them so she said" James replied

"it was a woman?" I asked curious to how my life had changed so much by me being dumb.

"yeah she had her kids in the back too, you smashed her windscreen with your head, she slammed her breaks on and you bounced back in to the road. penny phoned an ambulance, she was really shook up by it all" kendall said.

James rolled his eyes "diddums" he muttered under his breath.

I stared in to space trying to imagine what I went through.

"you okay" James said reaching his hand over the table and giving mine a squeeze, I enjoyed the contact he gave me, he filled my stomach with butterflies.

"you busy today?" I asked him.

"nope day off" he declared with the most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

"you want to go back to yours... Ours" I corrected myself "and just have a dvd day" I asked.

"sounds perfect" he whispered.

Once at the house I shared with James we sat in the living room, it was nice. Decorated tastefully, I wondered if I had chosen the colour scheme or if the house came like it already.

"what DVD do you want to watch?" James asked me,

I had a look through his vast selection "ooh twilight I like that, I've seen that" I replied.

James chuckled his little infectious laugh that I was beginning to love " there is a twilight 2 and 3 there too izzi" he said.

I laughed " that's weird.. I bet there are hundreds of films come out that I can't remember now" I said picking out the second of the twilight films.