Guns And Laces: Chapter 4

Guns And Laces

The Journey Begins

Chapter Four

"You'll be able to catch him over this beautiful, dead fuckin' body. But even then, he will be the one coming after you."

-Rheannon.

I was sitting on my couch, looking out the glass panes of my apartment, with my knees tucked under my chin and my head resting on my arms crossed above my sweater covered legs.

The only thing that was peeking out were my bare feet, red at the sides and toes and pale from the bottom.

The fire crackling behind me was the only sound that filled the otherwise empty air of the room. My eyes went to the plate of chinese takeaway food that I had pushed away, minutes ago, because I did not feel like eating.

And with all the other thoughts on my mind, this was another concerning one.

The fact that I did not want to have chinese from my favourite place down the street.

I could go ahead and blame that it had turned cold by the time I had walked back home, slower than usual today, but then I would be lying to myself.

And the only person I swore to never lie to was me; myself.

Of course, I had other reasons for the sudden disappearance of my appetite. Even the aroma of chinese food was not cutting it for me, tonight.

Maybe I was alone? Lonely.

Or maybe I had done something which I never thought I would. It’s all that has been on my mind for the past three days.

I had lost myself in those few pleasurable moments that brought me nothing but ecstasy. An escape from the real world; the real reason why I was even there in the first place.

I had let my boss made me cum just by his fingers.

I was pretty sure his voice played a part, too, but I was not pondering over it much. It was besides the point.

I had only ever met one person in my life before him who had this deep set of vocal cords; maybe deeper, I don’t know.

Why was I even thinking about him?

Because of the hard to miss similarities. A voice in my head answered.

That was true, though. The similarities were definitely there and hard to miss, indeed. The almost similar scent, and even the same height, same physique; muscular but not too much, just the right amount.

And…the same touch.

Almost same.

My boss reminded me every bit of the patient I had once nursed, almost two years ago.

Maybe, that’s why you let him do that to you. The voice chimed in, once again.

I gulped softly and let my mind wander to Angelo Petrakis; the patient who came completely covered in blood from head to toe after getting into a drunk driving accident.

I allowed myself the liberty to think about him sometimes, remember his face, even. Just to keep the memory fresh.

I wanted his face to stay alive in my mind, for some unknown reason.

“He has one of the most beautiful faces.” I whispered to myself.

The city lights twinkled in that very moment, as if agreeing to what I had just said.