Chapter 20

Maya's POV:

After work, we reached home Alex and Bella was in the living room. I was ready for the amusement park, but I had promised Alex to take him out. Marco was also looking tired but he was still looking hot. We get back and changed our work outfits with casual ones.

I changed into my casual black jeans, a black crop top with a denim jacket, and a gun in the back with knives in boots, as safety measures. Walking down the stairs Marco was already there including Lucas and Aiden.

Marco was wearing a casual black t-shirt, jeans with Nike sneakers, and a denim jacket. He looked hotter in casuals we were almost matching each other's outfits. Bella noticed and raised an eyebrow looking back and forth between me and Marco.

Before she could create an embarrassing situation, I changed the topic to "Where is Dani?... he is not coming with us..." Aiden replied "He is sleeping, I asked him he denied saying that he has Acrophobia...", he is lazy nothing else.

Marco's eyes were on me the whole ride, I was blushing hard avoiding him. Alex was sitting in my lap; he was telling me about the rides he wanted to try this kid had a priority list. As we entered the park where fewer people were there including the staff, no outsiders because Marco strictly wanted the perks of being into the mafia and filthy rich at the same time. God.... would I ever be able to get a man like him for me?

I never went to an amusement park because my father never let me. I endured being a prisoner for many years of my life. I wanted to study abroad but he never allowed me when I insisted on him letting me go. He tried to sell me to one of his rich clients. I successfully ran away when he got to know me, he locked me in a room for 3 weeks and only gave me rotten fruits to eat.

I begged him to continue my training but got hit and ended up with a big slit in my arms. It was common he used to hit me since childhood I was used to it. He never let me make friends because he was scared that people will know about his abusive behavior at home. If someone tried to be friends with me, he uses to scare them by telling them that I'm mentally sick and other shit.

My mother was the only person who cared about me and argue with my dad to get me the things I needed. She risked her life to save me and give me a better life, she worked hard to earn beside my father who earned well but spent more of his income on drinks, drugs, and gambling.

Marco wrapped his hands around my waist and I snapped out of my thought. He looked at me worried I simply smiled Lucas cleared his throat, I tried to remove his hands but his grip got tight around me it made me blush hard.

"Take these bunny hats... Alex wants everyone to wear these" Bella handed them to us, we wore them and moved forward towards a roller coaster. Taking a glimpse at Marco he looked so cute in that hat I wanted to pull his cheeks.

We enjoyed many rides together including Bumper cars, Ferris wheels, carousels, and water rides. Alex enjoyed other rides because we were tired but that tiny body was active.

After a few snacks and drinks, it was already late so we decided to head back home. As we were at the exit gate walking towards our cars, 3 black cars were on the other sides of the park. We only had 2 security cars with us they were parked behind our cars.

Marco saw them too and alerted Aiden, Lucas, and Bella instantly. Few men got out of the cars on the outside with weapons, I told Aiden to take cover for Bella and Alex while they enter the car and pulled my gun out.

Bella picked Alex covering his ears and ran towards the car. Security, Marco, and Lucas were shooting in their direction. I changed my position when I saw a bag my bag in the car bonnet which had some grenade bombs picked up a grenade crawled towards the other side covering behind the cars shooting other people and threw a grenade in their direction 2 cars exploded.