Martinis

Alec was writing the reports on the rogue Raveners when Jace came up to him.
"You haven't seen Izzy anywhere have you?", the blonde boy asked, an anxious expression clouding his contoured face.
"No, is she training?" Alec suggested, "she has been working on using her seraph blade recently."
As he spoke, Izzy came through the office door, slightly bedraggled, her hair hanging down in limp wet strands.
" Hi boys, you okay? God, it's chucking it down out there" she shook out her hair and walked over to Alec  and Jace at the desk.
"Where have you been?" asked Jace, " we were looking for you everywhere, we started to wonder if you were okay"
"Yeah, I'm fine" she said, the tension behind her voice giving away her calm façade. "I need to talk to you two in private"
"Okay," Alec seemed puzzled, "is here okay?"
"Yeah, as long as Underhill doesn't come in for the reports"
Izzy stalked over to the mantle piece and stared into the fire.
" I heard mom and dad talking earlier. In the corridor. They're..." she tailed off. Her eyes bright with tears " they're breaking up."
"They- they can't" Alec burst out " for us, and what about their political careers? They'll be ruined."
"There was this woman in the clave. Dad... he cheated on mom." Izzy shrugged, straightening up and walking over to Alec. " after Max, I think he was a bit lost."
"That's not an excuse though" Jace said, his eyebrows knitting together, "Mayrise took me in, cared for me. She deserves to be treated better"
"What about we go to the Hunters Moon later for a drink?" Suggested Izzy " Clary is in Alicante with Jocelyn, she can't complain at that werewolf who keeps hitting on the Simon"
"Who is Simon?" asked Jace, looking confused
"Oh my god, Jace." Alec looked despairing "that is never going get you laid with Clary. You know that mundane who follows her everywhere? Him, he is Stephen"
"Why do I have such stupid brothers?" Izzy looked between the two boys, " his name is Simon and he's a vampire"
By the time they reached the pub, it was dark and the rain had stopped, a slightly dimmed crescent moon rising above the houses.
"What can I get for you?" asked Maia, the werewolf bartender, her her brown afro hair slightly more frizzy than normal.
" Um...I'll have a martini" Alec said "Izzy what do you wan...Izzy?" He looked around and seeing no sign of her turned back to Maia. "Make that two martinis and - Jace?"
" I'm happy with a beer"
They sat down at the bar and Alec noticed a tall Seelie with a leaf tattooed on his cheek disappearing into an alcove in the back of the building.
"Izzy has gone" said Jace, looking round
"Don't worry she is probably making out with Meliorn, you know, the Seelie, that she is obsessed with" Alec assured him, just as Jace's cell phone vibrated with a loud duck noise.
"Oh my god, you didn't really change my text alert to a duck, of all creatures, did you?" Jace cried, as the other boy tittered quietly at the look of shock on his parabatai's face. "You don't mind if I get this, do you? It's Mayrise"
Alec watched in amusement as Jace walked out of the pub, desperately trying to turn off the loud quacking his phone was emitting.
"A martini please, extra large" a man next to him said. To Alec's surprise, it was the warlock from Central Park, this time wearing a long black trench coat with silver buttons and blue silk trousers. His hair was more extreme than last time Alec had seen him too,with dark blue highlights on the tips and his eyeliner was stark contrast to the white shirt beneath his coat.
"Hello Mr Lightwood" he said, sipping his martini "how nice to see you, do you come here often?"
"Erm...no, my sister dragged me along so she could see her boyfriend."said Alec, " you're Magnus, right?"
"Yes, Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn, fancy another martini?"
"Sure"said Alec, getting the funny feeling he couldn't say no. TBC