Another Introduction

(A/N: welcome to part 3 of the mini-series about Dazai, Kunikida, and Aya! This one will be wholesome so don't worry. Now without further ado, enjoy!)

A few more days had passed, and Kunikida had come to a decision. He headed over to Dazai. "Hey, Dazai?"

"Yeeeesssss, my love~?" Dazai, who was lounging upside down on the couch, asked in a flirty tone.

Kunikida laughed a little and sat next to his boyfriend. "I have an idea."

"Do tell," Dazai prompted, sitting up.

"I was thinking we should have Aya meet my mom," Kunikida suggested.

"Ooh yeah! That's a great idea!" Dazai agreed.

"I'm glad you think so," Kunikida replied.

"Yeah, it only makes sense. First she meets the boyfriend, and then the child," Dazai said.

Kunikida nodded. "And y'know, that really did go a lot better than I thought it would."

"Wow. Do you really think that low of me?" Dazai joked.

Kunikida laughed. "You know that's not what I mean."

"Hmmm...is that so?" Dazai asked with a playful grin.

Kunikida laughed some more. "Yes. That's not what I meant."

"I know," Dazai assured him.

Kunikida was thinking back to the day his mom had showed up at the agency. "I must've really been anxious that day if I almost lectured Kyouka over something she didn't know."

"I'm still surprised you didn't actually lecture her since you never miss a chance to lecture someone," Dazai commented.

"Part of me wanted to, but I knew that wouldn't have been fair since she didn't know what was going on," Kunikida replied.

"You probably also wanted to lecture me when I told your mom about us before you could," Dazai thought aloud.

"Sort of, but I was embarrassed and terrified more than anything else," Kunikida admitted.

"Sorry..." Dazai apologized.

Kunikida patted Dazai's head. "I've already told you it's fine."

"Well...if you say so. I'm curious as to why you were even so afraid anyway," Dazai said.

"I'm not a hundred percent sure myself. It's not like I ever really had to worry about that sort of thing since my mom's pretty open-minded. Still though...I had no idea how to bring it up to her and I think that was part of why I was so scared," Kunikida admitted.

"And then you didn't even end up having to tell her," Dazai noted.

Kunikida nodded. "Yep, you did that for me."

"Indeed I did," Dazai agreed.

"You really just casually admitted it," Kunikida remarked.

"The most causal thing in the world."

"Well, I'm glad you thought so."

"Hey, at least it turned out well."

"You're right."

"It turned out very well."

"It still wasn't a great move to tell my mom that your first thought when you saw me was that you wanted to ask me to die with you."

"It was only a joke!"

"Good thing, too."

Dazai smirked. "And your first thought about me was that I'm handsome."