010

Peter's POV

All I could think about was this stupid girl. She flooded my mind with her gorgeous green eyes and long flowy brown hair. Valerie was the most brilliant girl in the whole class and doesn't care. She might not even know it. 

My face feels hot as I think about the young girl with gorgeous eyes. Valerie McNeal. her name was all I could think about. 

But right now, all I want to do is sleep. Aunt May has been so stressed about my safety lately. I just wish I could tell her who I was and what I want to do for the innocent people of Queens. I know she wouldn't accept it immediately, but that's okay. I hate keeping secrets from her, she's the most kind-hearted person and only wants the best for everyone in her life. 

At exactly 1:29 AM, I was out the window. 

Pulling my mask over my head, I sighed and made my way to the rooftop above Delmar's Deli Place. 

The buildings leaned on one another while the moon lay among them in the star-filled sky. Looking below, I looked at the empty streets of Queens. There was almost no one around. Accept the people in the alleys who have nothing better to do than wait for innocent people to take advantage of. They disgust me with the way they act and manipulate people to get the things that they want. 

I heard light airy footsteps coming down the street. To my surprise, it was Valerie. 

What is she doing at this hour? She knows better than to be walking around the streets of Queens alone at 1:30 in the morning. Is she crazy?!

I shook my head and swung to the rooftop on the other side of the street, giving me better access to the alleyway she was walking past.

Valerie's POV

As I walked down the lonesome street of queens, I turned up the volume on my headphones. I wanted to be free from my own head. Thoughts flooded it, telling me that I was alone. And I believed it. I really was alone. But then that buzzing started again. But I heard something this time. It seemed like words, but it was inaudible. 

I shook my head and kept walking down the street, trying to block out the noise with my music, turning it up even louder.

"Focus on the music, Valerie," I muttered to myself as I stepped into a puddle.

There was a crash behind me and I immediately turned around. There was a man on the concrete being held by someone in red spandex. My eyes widened as the suited man said some things to him. 

"Don't even think about touching poor innocent girls ever again, do you understand?" He said firmly. "The police will have fun with you." 

He looked up at me and I tilted my head in confusion.

He started to walk over to me, but I flinched. How could I trust a random guy in spandex?

"Hey wait!! No no don't be scared, I'm not going to hurt you, I would never!" His voice sounded sweet. But familiar. My eyes were still wide as my body relaxed.

"Who are you?" I said, furrowing my brows.

"Call me Spider-Man."

"Alright, Spider-boy," I spoke quietly. "What are you doing here?"

"Spider-Man."

"Same difference."

"Whatever. I happened to see you walking by yourself as I was scoping the area, and I saw that guy in the alley, and helped out."

"You sure you're not a stalker?"

"Why would I be stalking you?"

"Wow, harsh. In my defense, I'm very stalkable." I crossed my arms as a small smirk grew on my face.

"No! I didn't mean it like that-"

"Don't worry Spider-Boy. You're fine."

"Spider-Man."

"Shut up."

"Can I just please walk you home? It's really late and you shouldn't be out at this hour."

"Fine."