09

The city of queens was mysterious. 

The roads weren't flat, and alleys were filled with creeps, but I found a piece in them. I know that might sound weird, but the creeps hide in there to get away with things. To not be seen. The dark of the alleyways may feel consuming for some people, but the consumption of the dark is calming for other people. Like the creeps. They're not afraid of it, but people are afraid of them.

Yes, I know that the creeps are bad people, but they just want to get away so they can be under the radar. A lot of people feel like that, and the alleys aren't exactly the best spot to do that, but that's where it is. That's their spot, and we can't do anything about that. We just live.

Every once in a while, I would turn around and check to see if I was being followed. There was a small buzz in my head, it almost sounded like a bee. I swatted beside my ears to try and get it away.

When I turned around, the only thing that was behind me was small strings of some sort of web, hanging from the sides of buildings. But it didn't give me any reason to feel unsafe, so I smiled to myself and walked into the doorstep of my home.

"Harry! I'm home!" I said as I put my stuff down on the stairs next to the door. taking my scarf off, I hung it on the coat rack on the opposite side of the door. 

The stomping coming from the stairs sounded as if an elephant was running for its life. 

"Geez come down the stairs any harder, Harry."

I turned and he smiled at me.

"How'd you like English class?" he said to me, giving me a hug. As if he didn't see me 20 minutes ago before we left Midtown.

"Honestly, I'm going to have to say that you were wrong. It wasn't that bad." His eyes grew wide and his mouth gaped open.

"WHAT?! I thought you'd hate Mr. Daniels!"

Putting my arms up in defense, Harry followed me to the fridge and grabbed an energy drink while I grabbed water.

"I keep telling you, that's not good for you."

"Hypocrite." He bonked my head with the can and I shook my head. "You're not my mom!!!" He yelled from down the hallway. I could almost hear the smile in his voice.

"Might as well be!!!" I yelled back.

My mom was on her honeymoon with her new, rich husband. I'm not going to be cliche and say that I hate him because I don't. I think he's a decent guy. He makes my mom happy, and that's all that matters. And yeah, he might have money, and he might own the largest company in New York, but he's an okay guy. 

He knows how to impress a lady, I guess I could say.

And of course, he made me and Harry "siblings" so that's another reason for me to like him.

I walked up the stairs, with some crackers and water, and went up into my bedroom. 

When I sat down at my desk, I opened my computer and started looking something up on the internet.

Big Spiders in Queens.