Chapter 2b: Follow the Real Leader!!!

Start from the beginning

Thankfully? What am I thinking....

It was so simple. So so simple! All Icy had to do to kill was get a knife and stab Eraser! And ...to be honest...I miss being home. I miss going to my regular high school, talking to my parents, hanging out with my friends...

I inspected the knives a little more, my gaze lingering on the biggest one.

Is anybody here even my friend? We all say we're friends, but how long have we known each other for? Like, a week or two? Why should I care about them? We're all total strangers!

I looked behind me towards Firey and Pin. They were still discussing Pin's interest in baking, laughing and blissfully unaware of all the thoughts blossoming in my mind involving them...

All I have to do is kill someone and I'm free! I'm free from this prison!!

I grabbed the biggest knife.

It's okay Leafy! It's going to be so quick and easy! Just go up to them and....!!

I faced towards them again and put the knife behind my back, clenching it so hard I could feel my nails dig into my palms and my knuckles were starting to turn white...

Just go up to them and...

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding and turned away from Firey and Pin and turned back to my yoyleberries. Right! The yoyleberries! I put the biggest knife back and grabbed the second smallest knife, a much more appropriate knife for the task at hand. I started to cut the stems off the yoyleberries, becoming lost in thought...

What was I thinking?! Seriously?! Am I going crazy?! There's no way I'd murder someone, right?

......right?

No. Definitely not. You're Leafy Greens, the most optimistic, friendliest, cheerful person here! And besides, there's a whole class trial I need to go through to actually escape! There's no way I can commit a murder-

"Ow!" I looked down at my finger, blood oozing out of a small cut I accidentally inflicted on myself. I quickly moved my hand aside so the blood wouldn't get on any of the yoyleberries.

"Leafy!!!" I heard both Firey and Pin cry out, running to me and examining my finger. Pin took my hand in hers and rotated it cautiously,   "Are you okay?!" Firey worriedly asked.

"Yeah yeah don't worry! It's only a small cut. Not like I'm gonna die from it! Heh..."

"Um, well, actually, even a small cut like this can get infected and-"

"Pin!!!" Firey yelled at Pin, causing her to jump. "Hold on...." Firey walked over to the fridge and reached above it to pull out a first aid kit. "Here, you can wash it in the sink," Firey directed me towards the sink with his eyes as he got out an antibiotic and a bandaid from the first aid kit.

"Aha...Sorry for being so careless you guys...I was just....thinking..." I quickly rinsed my cut under the kitchen sink and let Firey apply an antibiotic to my cut.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Uhmmm..."

Pin did you really have to ask that?!