15

~+~~~~~~~~~~~~+~
~+~ Author's Note ~+~
~+~~~~~~~~~~~~+~
Hellooooo

I'm alive! I just moved into a college dorm and I'm getting used to everything.

(Unedited)

———

20 minutes into the drive Blaire feels a tug on the bottom of her shirt.

"Oh, you're awake already?" she asks, instinctively holding her hand out for the smaller girl to take. She squeals in delight and hugs the offered hand tightly. In doing so, the pacifier that had previously been in her mouth, falls to the floor but Billie doesn't seem to notice or care.

"You are really small right now aren't you?" Blaire says, gently removing her hand from Billie's grasp and tickling her stomach for a few seconds. Billie squirms around in her seat as she bursts out into loud, delighted laughter, making Blaire's heart happy.

She then grabs onto Blaire's tickling hand to halt her movements and stares at it momentarily as if she was thinking about what to do with it. The blue-haired teen holds it up in the air before resting it on top of her head and eyeing Blaire expectantly.

Blaire laughs at Billie's actions but gives into her silent request. She begins to gently comb through her hair. Billie closes her eyes in bliss as a satisfied smile appears on her face.

Every now and then, Blaire glances over to the girl to briefly take in her beauty. On Melancholy Hill by Gorillaz lightly plays in the background as the sun shines ever-so perfectly on Billie's face making the car ride truly feel like that of a dream.

Blaire doesn't believe that she has ever felt this at ease.

It somewhat scares her that Billie has managed to become a huge part of her life in such a short amount of time, but every second they spend together is worth it. No matter what happens, she will never regret allowing Billie to step into her life.

Despite the arm ache that begins to form as she brushes through the tiny girl's hair, Blaire doesn't stop. She'd do anything to make Billie look and feel as content and worry-free as she does in the present moment.

The silence is peaceful, yet it also allows thoughts to form and swarm around inside Blaire's head. One particular thought stands out among them all, like a small pebble neatly trapped inside of a shoe. Although it has the ability to, it doesn't necessarily hurt her. Yet, it's presence is nearly impossible to ignore. It is this moment that Blaire realizes she might like Billie a lot more than a friend rather than just a little more.

She is pulled away from her sudden realization when Billie grabs her hand a second time.

She holds it out in front of her, once again, before she suddenly and swiftly sticks Blaire's thumb into her mouth.

Instinctively, Blaire gasps quickly pulls her hand away from Billie's mouth.

"Billie! That's yuckyyy."

The tiny girl looks extremely taken aback by Blaire's sudden, unexpected movement. Her surprised face morphs into an upset one as her eyes begin to water.

"Hey hey, it's alright sweet girl. I didn't mean to yell, I just don't want you getting icky germs in your mouth." Blaire says immediately after noticing the threatening tears on Billie's face.

Her tears turn into quiet, frustrated sobs as she kicks her legs out slightly, unsure of what to do with herself or how to calm down. It is very difficult for her to express her emotions in such a tiny headspace so any sort of confusing emotion often results in tears.