6

~+~~~~~~~~~~~~+~
~+~ Author's Note ~+~
~+~~~~~~~~~~~~+~

I only have 11 more days until my last day of high school and it still hasn't fully hit me yet.

———

As soon as Billie enters her house she is greeted by Finneas who notices her change of clothing as soon as he sees her.

"Hey Billie! What happened to the sweatshirt you were wearing earlier? I thought that one was your favorite!"

Billie smiles to herself as she is reminded that she is wearing Blaire's hoodie.

"Wait- why are you smiling like that? Did somebody give you their sweatshirt?" Finneas says, suddenly very interested in how Billie acquired the new article of clothing.

She begrudgingly explains the story of the bathroom situation watching as his smile slowly turns into a frown.

"Oh nooo did you slip?"

"Uhmm yes but Blaire helped me out." Billie says while gazing toward her rings. She purposely leaves out the part where they quite literally cuddled.

As quickly as it had left, Finneas's smile returns when she mentions her new friend again.

In an attempt to brighten the mood, he smugly says,
"Oh? So her name is Blaire huh?  Is she the person who gave you the sweatshirt that you're wearing?"

"Andddd I'm leaving now! Byeeeeee!" Billie says while sprinting to her bedroom. Finneas simply laughs, having basically received the answer he was looking for.

After entering her room Billie realizes she had absolutely no idea what to do with her time. She mindlessly scrolls through social media but after an hour, her boredom only increases.

She usually watches TV with Finneas but didn't want to endure any more Blaire-related questions than she needed to for the time being.

Oh yeah! Blaire!

Billie pulls out her phone and clicks on Blaire's messages.

She sends a simple message of "hi" before she can think about it and convince herself otherwise. She is completely unsure of what to talk about but too bored out of her mind to care.

Almost immediately a quick "hello pretty girl" is sent back

The nickname completely erases any doubt that could have arisen.

———

:)

hi

hello pretty girl
missed me already?

mmmmm
maybe

well i maybe miss you already too
but what's up?

the ceiling 😃

bye

wait nooooo

come backkk

i'm sorryyyy :(

blaireee?

cute.

hi

hi

hi