7

~+~~~~~~~~~~~~+~
~+~ Author's Note ~+~
~+~~~~~~~~~~~~+~

Decided to update two days early with an extra long chapter because #16 under the billie tag???? AH-

Thank you for any votes or comments, I genuinely smile way too hard reading what you guys have to say :))

———

Billie wakes up in the morning, still feeling small.

She begins to panic at the fact that she fell asleep, remembering last being at the park with Blaire.

But then she becomes distracted from her panicked state when she discovers the handwritten note left on her bedside table.

———

Good morning angel,

You fell asleep at the park so I carried you home. I had to leave to make dinner for my younger brothers. See you in the morning! :))

~Blaire <3

———

She tries to sound out a few of the words but struggles to read them properly at the moment.

Billie's small mindset prevents her from taking in all of the information but the heart written at the end makes her own heart swell with happiness. She kisses the handwritten heart and carefully places the note on her desk.

Then, her stomach rumbles as she realizes she slept through dinner.

She grabs Milo and walks downstairs to Maggie brewing herself coffee.

"Good morning sweetheart! Finn said you made a new friend?"

"Mhm!! She drewed me a heart!!" Billie responds happily.

Maggie's tone softens as she realizes Billie is regressed still.

"Oh? She did? That's nice of her! Do you want confetti toast today?"

When Billie was in a small mindset she swore that sprinkles made toast taste ten times better. She named her concoction confetti toast.

Her parents always made it for her when she was feeling small.

Billie let out an excited gasp. "Yes pease!!"

"Can you make it hearts?"

"You want me to make it heart-shaped?" Maggie questions just to make sure that is what Billie meant.

"Yes pease!"

"Someone has love on the mind." Patrick jokes while walking into the kitchen to grab himself some coffee from the freshly brewed pot.

Maggie begins placing bread into the toaster while Billie sits on the couch to wait.

While playing with Milo, her phone lights up with a phone call from Blaire. She presses the green accept button.

"Hey Bil I'm outside your house right now,
fuck wait I should rephrase that. I kinda sound like a stalker right now—"

"Siwwy Bwaire! Das a bad wuwrd!" Billie yells while laughing.

"Oh shi- I mean shoot, sorry about that lil' love!"

"Is otay. I forgib you."

"I'm glad you do. Well, what I meant to say was uh... wanna walk with me to school today?"

As soon as the question is asked, Billie forgets about her surroundings. She even forgets about her heart-shaped meal being prepared for her in the kitchen.