23 - As Long As I'm Breathing

Y/n POV:

Y/n POV:

"Okay, this is my favourite thing in the world... aside from the real version of you of course," Eddie said happily, still staring down at the Polaroid.

"Our first photograph together," I squeezed his cheek and he turned to look at me.

"Yeah, it'll be one to look back on in years to come," he gave a little nod and a smile, which I couldn't help but reciprocate.

"Well hey, at least you guys have your wedding photographer picked out already," Robin joked with a dramatic bow, and I laughed.

"How did you guys sleep?" I asked, and Robin tutted and tilted her head.

"Not that great. That many people in one room... it was like being at camp. Steve snores," she told me with a sigh, "how about you guys? Can't be that easy to sleep with this thing in the next room." She pointed at the gate.

"I slept okay, but Eddie made me keep the headphones on, and as much as I love Heaven, having it blasted on repeat while I'm trying to drift off isn't ideal," I explained, "not to mention that this one woke me up at an ungodly hour because he thought he heard a noise from the gate." I poked a finger into Eddie's shoulder.

"7am isn't an ungodly hour," he disputed, creasing his forehead.

"I don't understand you. You stay up late and get up early. What do you run on?" It was true. He seemed to need a ridiculously small amount of sleep to function, unlike myself.

"Coffee and sugar, mostly," he said nonchalantly.

"And cigarettes," Robin added, "which is gross by the way."

"Ah, good idea. I could do with one right now," Eddie wandered off to his room to fetch the packet and came back with a cigarette between his lips. He lit it while standing directly next to us, most likely to annoy Robin.

"Ew!" She shoved him away from her, which made him chuckle mischievously. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hmm," I murmured as I watched the smoke rise up towards the ceiling. Robin noticed what I was looking at.

"The smoke is going in the gate. Move," Robin said to Eddie, and his eyes drifted up.

"Why? I'm polluting the Upside Down?" He responded sarcastically.

"Well- what if the- the bats or Vecna or something smell it and come get us?" She questioned frantically.

"Yes because Vecna is a terrible dude, but he draws the line at smoking," I jested, "but no, Eddie. Move over there, it doesn't seem like the best idea." I gestured with my hand and he begrudgingly agreed and wandered into his kitchen.

"See? Not that hard, is it?" Robin called over to him and he stuck his finger up at her while he leant back on the counter and continued smoking.

"Did Nancy say anything about what she saw? I didn't know she was getting visions," I decided to direct the conversation to something more pressing.