5 - I Don't Want To Go Home

4 days before Chrissy

Eddie POV

"No," she said," no I don't want to go home." She was looking up at me with the most unreadable expression on her face. I could hardly think straight as she took a step closer.

I was sure that I had messed everything up again. The last time I had called her beautiful she had panicked and wanted to go home, and I had no idea if this was because she was just nervous, or if she was uncomfortable with me. That was the last thing I wanted.

But there was something about the way she was looking at me now, close enough to touch. The gentle lighting of the street perfectly lit her face, and a glimmer appeared in her eyes. It was like a wall had fallen away, and I was granted free passage to look into her soul. And it was beautiful.

Those eyes, Lord those eyes. It was like looking into an entire other world, speckles of color like flickers of memories that we didn't have yet. It was like looking at everything I wanted. It felt like home.

I couldn't help myself. I reached forward and let my fingers run across her soft cheek, and they were flushed and hot as embers. She seemed to enjoy the contact, unconsciously leaning into my hand, and at that I brushed a strand of her hair out of her face so that I could get a better look at her.

Finally, with my heart racing in my chest, I lifted her chin up towards me. This was the moment where - if I had read things wrong - I could ruin everything with her. But the truth was, I just couldn't stand being around her with this nagging sensation in my chest anymore. It haunted me every time I thought about her.

And so I did it.

Y/n POV

It didn't feel real. As Eddie closed the gap between us I looked up at him with uncertain longing.

When our mouths were only centimetres apart, he hesitated. It was not a hesitation of reluctance, but of the profound feeling that what would happen next would change everything. I could feel his breath, lingering with a burning passion.

The space between us was almost non-existent, but it felt like a million miles, and it was electrified with the emotions we both held that we just didn't understand. I could not wait a second longer.

I reached up and took a handful of fabric from his top, just below his neck, and pulled him forwards.

As we crashed into each other, I felt an instant wave of heat explode through my body. There was a hunger to the kiss, desperate and powerful, and I finally understood what ecstasy was. I finally understood why every kiss I had ever had before this moment had felt like a bad punchline. I had never felt like this because I realised what I had been missing this entire time: him.

I guess you could say there is nothing in the world that quite compares to being kissed by Eddie Munson.

He gripped the back of my head with one hand, and his other was wrapped around me, holding me tight against him. I had my fingers in his long hair, making sure that he could not move away. Both of us were basically clinging onto each other, because even with no space between us, we couldn't be close enough.