9 - I'm Not Going Anywhere

Later that night

Later that night

Y/n POV:
When we drove to Reefer Rick's house, it didn't look like anyone was home at all. The place was dark and quiet. Dustin had ran straight up to the front door to press the bell. When there was no answer, he kept pressing it over and over out of frustration and banging on the door. Steve had a flashlight pointed so we could see.

"Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here," Steve said, giving Dustin a sarcastic look.

"Eddie! It's Dustin!" He continued despite it being very obvious now that there wasn't anyone in there. I felt my heart drop as I became nervous. If Eddie wasn't here then where was he?

Dustin carried on shouting: "Look, we just wanna talk okay? No cops, I swear. We just want to help!" He was trying to coax him out if he was hiding from us. I couldn't blame him if he was, because if I was Eddie, I would be thinking that we were trying to trick him. I'd think nobody would believe me.

He called his name again and pounded his fist against the door, and Robin shushed him, but Dustin continuously pressed the doorbell and knocked, hard. He was shouting for Eddie or Rick. Anyone.

"Don't scream like that!" Steve scolded him.

"Rick!"

"He's not here."

I started to wander around the side of the house, holding up a flashlight to try and see what the rest of the property looked like. If Reefer Rick wasn't at home, then Eddie probably wasn't inside the actual house. I was looking for somewhere else he could be hiding. Max followed me, and we saw a boathouse next to the water with its outside light on.

"Hey, guys!" Max called to the others. They all came over and stood behind us, looking uncertain about if it was a good idea to go over there. I didn't have to think about it.

I rushed over to the building and opened the door without a single thought about whether it was legal, or if it was safe. They did eventually follow me.

"Eddie?" I called into the darkness, my flashlight dancing about as I searched for any sign of him.

Robin had followed me in first, and she called out for someone as well. "Hello? Is anyone home?" Everyone came in and began walking around looking for him. The floorboards creaked loudly as we moved about.

"What a dump," Steve muttered. At first we were all silent, until he randomly started hitting a tarp with an oar that he had picked up. I snapped my head towards him in confusion.

"What are you doing?" Dustin hissed.

"He might be in there," Steve explained.

"And you want to hit him with an oar?" I said, irritated. He shrugged at me.

"So take the tarp off!" Dustin snapped.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off," Steve suggested back, still hitting it with the oar.