10 - Not the Kind of Freak They All Think

Y/n POV:

Y/n POV:

Eventually I had given up, my tiredness forcing me to surrender and get some sleep. I laid next to Eddie and curled myself up beside him. It would be an understatement to say I was surprised that he didn't stir from his sleep for the entire night. He was sleeping like a rock. Thank God.

The soothing lullaby of his soft breathing was all I needed to drift off. When I woke again, he was still fast asleep next to me. I was enjoying looking over at him when I sprang upright suddenly.

It felt as though something sharp had been forced through my head. There was an intense, stabbing pain in the front of my skull that took my breath away and made me wince. I'd grown used to stress headaches in the last week or so, but this was so much worse. It radiated, coming in waves and I squeezed my eyes shut. A warm drip on my hand made me reopen them.

Blood. That was when I realised my nose was bleeding, and I wiped it with the back of my hand and looked down curiously. I never had nosebleeds. Can stress cause nosebleeds?

"Ah!" I winced as another burst of pain erupted in my head, and I heard a shuffle next to me. I had woken Eddie up. He sat upright next to me, concern overtaking his initially groggy expression.

"What's going on?" He asked, turning my face towards him. He wiped the blood from my hand and nose with a blanket and then held it up to stop the bleeding from continuing.

"It's okay, I'm okay. I just got a headache all of a sudden, and my nose..." the pain seemed to dissipate then, and I let out a relieved sigh. "I'm sorry I woke you up," I apologised, giving him an awkward look.

"Don't be ridiculous," he told me off, checking to see if the bleeding had stopped by moving the blanket away. Luckily, it had. "Are you sure you're okay?" He looked worried that I'd been in so much pain to make enough noise to wake him.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Stressful 24 hours," I laughed it off, though I wasn't entirely sure that the explanation I gave even made sense. It didn't look like Eddie was sure either, but he gave a conceding nod.

"If you're sure," he muttered. "That was like, the best sleep of my life," he commented, stretching his arms in the air dramatically and letting out a yawn.

"I wish I could say the same," I chuckled, "I feel like I've been hit by a truck." My back felt stiff and uncomfortable, which is what tends to happen when you sleep on the floor. My sleep hadn't been quite as peaceful as Eddie's, because whilst he had avoided bad dreams about his terrible ordeal, I had been plagued with nightmares. I didn't really mind though, because I felt in a weird way like I had allowed him to get proper rest by taking on the burden of the bad dreams. I didn't tell him about them.

Eddie got to his feet quickly, seemingly revitalised and positive. He reached down and grabbed my hands, pulling me to my feet. I groaned at him with a tired face as soon as I was standing. He mimicked my groan with a cheeky smile.