"Don't cry, mother. Don't worry, i will never leave you." I said as i hugged her with my small arms.

"I know Silver, i know." She hugged me back, engulfing me with her strong arms.

"So we shouldn't meet her, you hear me? We can't, i don't want to lose you too, alright?" She let go of me and looked me in the eyes.

"I understand mother, don't worry." I said and hugged her again.

So that's the story of how i was born. They went through a lot because of me.

Because of that, i decided that i need to be strong. I don't want to see people that i love to be hurt again, not anymore.

I learned from my past mistakes because i was too weak. But now, i have a chance to be strong.

"Mother."

"Yes?" Mother asked.

I let go of her and looked her dead in the eyes.

"I want to become strong, please teach me how to become strong."
__________________________

After two years

Silver's point of view

Everything is dark, the only noise i can hear is the cricket coming from somewhere deep in the forest.

I shivered as a gust of wind blew past me. Wearing a thick jacket didn't help with the harsh cold, and the sweat covering my whole body didn't make it any better.

I was breathing heavily as i was running around the backyard of our house.

"Are you tired yet?" Mother asked me while she's cozily sitting on the ground, sipping a glass of coffee.

"Yes... ha... mother! I'm tired now!" I answered, catching my breath.

"Good, now run ten laps. Without rest." Mother commands me, now standing up.

"Yes, mother!"

Right now, i was exercising my endurance as part of my training. For the past two years, mother never let me hold any weapon. I'm five years old now, but she said that i'm still too weak for it, so right now i'm just increasing my endurance and strength through a training regimen she prepared specially for me.

At first i was a little impatient and wanted to learn how to fight right away, but mother insisted that i should work on my body first, which i understand.

I wouldn't waste this opportunity since i worked hard to earn mother's approval of me to learn fighting.

It was really hard to convince her, she said that i need to prove myself and my conviction, so i did everything needed to earn this.
_____________

*Flashback two years ago*

"Mother."

"Yes?" Mother asked.

I let go of her and looked her dead in the eyes.

"I want to become strong, please teach me how to become strong."

Mother looked at me seriously.
"You need to prove it, it's not that easy. You need to show me how much you want it."

So i did, everyday i was following mother around, i helped her with everything that i can. Even the things she can do easily i did it for her just so i can make her see how serious i am.

After four months of giving it my all, mother then told me that she will teach me. I was so happy because it was my birthday when she said it.
__________________

Present

I'm running the ten laps mother said. I am so tired now but that's the point of this.

Mother said that after i reached my limit, that's where i need to push, so here i am. Everytime i get tired of an exercise, mother will make me do extras.

After running the ten laps, i sat beside mother.

"Did i do better than yesterday mother?" I want to know her opinion wether i improved or not.

"Yes, my seedling, you are better today." She answered and ruffled my hair making me groan.

"It's good to know that i'm improving, do you think i can run with you now?" Me, fixing my hair she ruined.

"I don't think you can run with me yet, but in no time, i'm sure you will be able to." Mother said reaching something on her left side, i'm sitting on her right side.

"Oh, that's too bad." I said looking down feeling dejected.

"You can't run with me, but you can now choose your weapon." Mother opened the cloth wrapping something long she brought with her today.

As she opened the cloth i saw a bunch of weapons including swords, a spear, a bow and an axe.

"So i can learn a weapon now?!" I asked mother, standing up with the biggest smile on my face. This is the moment i've been waiting for.

Mother was surprised about my sudden action, but eventually she burst out laughing. "Hahahaha! Moments like this make me realize that you are still a child. But yes, you can now choose your weapon."

"I want to have the spear as my first weapon." I told mother picking up the spear way taller than me.

"Are you sure?" Mother asked.

"Yes, mother!"