Eight Weeks

Jewel's POV

My pups are now eight weeks old. Adam came to visit them, I'm glad he didn't bring Bruiser. Anyway, he and Charlie gave names to my pups. With my approval, of course. The biggest is Jack, named after Jack Bear from Goldie-locks and the three bears. He has two floppy ears. Then there is Jax, the second biggest. He follows me everywhere, along with his little sister Jenna. Jax also has one floppy ear and one straight one. The last and certainly not least is Jett, who has my colouring.

All my pups are growing fast. It won't be long now until they had to leave. Which I am very sad about. I haven't returned to work yet and always make sure my pups are in my sight. Wanting to spend as much time with them as possible.

Today though I'll be getting desexed and I was not thrilled about leaving my pups for an entire day. But Charlie didn't give me much choice. He dropped me off at the vet and left promising to collect me as soon as I woke up.

(Swan house) Third Persons POV

Charlie arrives home to find Bella brushing the pups. Bella had disappeared for three days after Jewel gave birth. She's been grounded ever since she got back. "How did it go?" Bella asks him.

"Jewel whined and looked sad, but she'll be back in a few hours" Charlie states.

"How goes the search with finding them owners?" she asks him curious.

"Three will be going to Port Angeles" he tells her.

"What of the fourth?" Bella asks him.

"Well, I've been thinking about that" he states. "Jewel was very depressed when Jerry passed away. And I've noticed the last few days she hasn't let the pups out of her sight. So I wanted to ask you what you thought about keeping one?" he asks her.

"Really?" she asks him surprised.

"Yes, would you be ok with that?" he asks her.

"I'd be fine with it and I'm sure Jewel would love it" Bella tells him. "But which one?" she asks as she looks at the pups. Jenna was chasing a ball, Jack was eating and Jax was playing with Jett.

"I was thinking Jax, as he seems to be the closest to her" Charlie states.

"I think you're right" Bella tells him. "But she will still see the other pups occasionally, right?" she asks him.

"Of course and she'll see them at Christmas. Then we'll meet at least twice a year on Jewel's birthday and the pups" Charlie states. "I hope Jax staying, will soften the blow of the others leaving. But at last they aren't going far and I'll try to organize regular meet ups" he adds.

"I'm sure it will help" Bella assures him. "When do the others leave?" she asks.

"Originally twelve weeks, but that's when you'll be graduating. So they'll leave at thirteen weeks instead" he explains. "Anyway, what do you want for lunch?" he asks her.

(Time skip) Jewel's POV

I made it home and I couldn't be happier. Though I am a little drowsy after the operation. 'Mummy, Jett stole my favourite ball' Jenna whines.

'Did not' he denies.

'Found it Jenna, it was under Charlie's bed' Jack states as he appears with Jenna's favourite ball.

'Guess that means you owe me an apology' Jett tells her.

'Sorry' she grumbles. 'Thanks Jack' she adds.

'Where were you mum?' Jax asks me.

'The vet, but do not worry. I am fine' I assure him. 'I hope you all behaved in my absence' I state.

'Yes mum' they assure me.

'Bella gave us all a brush' Jenna adds.

'Yeah, I hated it' Jett grumbles. He doesn't like groom time. He'd rather be outside all day or practice fighting with his brothers. Jack just wants to eat all the time. Jenna loves groom time and her toys. Jax, well he reminds me of Jerry. He is very laid back, but can be strong when he needs to me.

'I heard we will be going to La Push next weekend' Jack tells us.

'Sounds fun' Jett states.

'Be sure to stay close all of you, there are dangerous predators over there' I tell them. They agree. We get called in for dinner and Jack got there first. I chuckle shaking my head and go to my bowl. I eat my food, then go join Charlie in the living room.

The pups soon join us. Jack and Jenna fall asleep. While Jett watches the game with Charlie. Jax and I lay together just enjoying the peaceful night. 'You go back to work soon' he states.

'Yes, in two weeks' I tell him.

'Can we come?' he asks.

'You all will, but spend most of the time in the station' I tell him.

'Jett will not like that, he wants to track down bad guys and take them out' Jax tells me.

'He needs to complete his training first, you all do' I tell him.

'Jenna is not interested in police work' he tells me.

'I will be proud of you all no matter what you do with your lives' I state. 'But I will miss you all' I add.

'We will stay in contact, we will not leave your life forever mum' he assures me. I smile and lick his forehead. 'Mum' he whines and I let out a dog like chuckle. He goes over to Bella, who starts to give him pats. I smile as I watch my family. I wish we could stay together forever, but I know that won't happen. My pups had to go protect families of their own. Just like I did. Besides Charlie assured me, we'd see them as often as possible.

A/N

Picture above of Jewel and Bruiser with their eight week old pups.