Jacob's Late Night Visit

Jewel's POV

It's been six days since the incident in the meadow. Still no dead wolves. But they've seen a track from one. I'm now fifty-one days pregnant and due in seven - fourteen days. I've be restless today and moved my birth box from the living room to the kitchen. That way it was closer to the doggy door if I had to go toilet.

It rained today, so they didn't hunt today. Instead Charlie caught up on paper work at the station. While Bella supposed to stay home with me. But she ended up going to visit Jacob and came back sad. Apparently he didn't want to hang out with her anymore.

Anyway Bella is on the phone to the vet. "Hey, I'm Bella Swan. My dad's dog Jewel, has just moved her birth box. Should I move it back?" she asks. "Ok, and yes she has been restless most of the day" she states. "Than you for the help, I'll let my dad know" she tells the person and hangs up the phone.

Bella kneels beside me. "The vet says you could give birth in a week" she tells me with a smile. I wag my tail. I'm so ready to meet my pups. "I'm so sorry about what happened in the meadow, I should of never of taken you" she states. I whine and lick her hand. I didn't blame her for what happened and we're all fine.

"Thanks girl, anyway I have home work to do" she states and goes upstairs to her room. I groom myself, then went outside to the loo. I barely fit through my dog door. I'm glad Charlie got one for a bigger dog.

When I tried to take a nap. I couldn't get comfortable. Feeling some cramps and start to pant at the mild pain. I walk around a little and it didn't help. I decide to go check on Bella and headed upstairs. I've spent less time up there as it's such a chore to climb them.

"Hey girl" she says when she sees me enter the room. I lay on my dog bed in her room. She focuses back on her home work. Soon Charlie comes home and he comes on check on us.

"Hey Bella, how come Jewel's birth box has been moved?" he asks confused.

"She did it herself, I called the vet and they said to leave it there. As Jewel prefers it there. She's been restless most of the day. The vet said that's a sign she could give birth within a week" she explains.

"Great, awesome" he says with a smile and gives me a pat. "You take it easy girl" he tells me. "Billy called, said you and Jacob had a fight. But, hey, you guys will work it out, I'm sure of it" he tells Bella.

"I actually want to get changed" she tells him. Obviously not wanting to talk about Jacob. Charlie sighed and left the room. Shutting the door behind him. Bella doesn't change and just sits on her bed. I whine and she gives me a small smile saying she was fine.

I finally felt comfortable and start to fall asleep. When I hear something hit the window. I look at it and bark lowly getting Bella's attention. "What is it girl?" she asks confused. I point at the window with my nose as another pebble hits it. "What the hell?" she mutters and went over to it. She opens it.

"Bella!" I hear Jacob call. I smell a large predator and tense up.

"You scared Jewel and I. What the hell are you doing?" Bella asks him.

"Back up. I'm coming up" he tells her. She backs away from the window and he climbs through. I notice he has no shirt, has shorter hair and a tattoo. The smell is stronger now and I growl silently surviving the room. Trying to figure out where the scent is coming from."I pictured your room more... cluttered" he tells her. He spots me. "Hey girl" he says.

"Why are you here?" Bella asks him. Drawing his attention away from me as I get to my feet. To try track down the scent.

"I had to talk to you. Alone" he states.

"To kick me in the gut again? It was bad before, but you made it so much worse" she tells him hurt. I walk around the room.

"I know. And I want to explain. But... I can't" he tells her. I track the scent to him and growl.

"Then leave, not even Jewel wants you here" Bella tells him. Jacob looks down at me.

"You know, don't you girl?" he asks sadly and I growl. I don't know how, but the scent was coming from him. He smells like the russet wolf from the meadow and I don't like it.

"You're done with me, remember? Get out, before I let Jewel have you" Bella snaps trying to push him towards the window. Yet he doesn't move.

"Bella, I literally can't explain" he tells her. She pulls away from him. "I broke my promise not to hurt you, I know. But I'm trying to keep it now. I need you to understand even if you don't want to see me when you find out" he tells her.

"Find what out?" Bella asks confused as I get in between her and Jacob. Who doesn't say anything. "What's wrong?" she asks him concerned.

"I can't do it" he tells her. "Have you ever has a secret? One that wasn't yours to tell? Well that's what it's like for me, only worse, you have no idea how tight I'm bound" he explains.

"I hate this. I hate what they've done to you" Bella states.

"I mean the killer part is you already know. Bella do remember when we walked the beach at La Push, the story?" he asks her.

"The story, about the cold ones?" she asks.

"Guess I understand why that's the only part you remember" he says. We hear a howl and I snarl looking at the window. "I gotta go, please try to remember Bella" he pleads before going out the window. I relax as Bella shuts the window.

"What did he mean? Remember what?" Bella mutters to herself. She got ready for bed and I curled back up on the dog bed. Not wanting to leave her alone. I feel into a restless sleep.

A/N

Gif above of Jacob hugging Bella.