6. Bad Kind of Butterflies

Note: Please re-read the previous chapters as there has been changes. Hope you like it and thank you so much for reading.

xoxo,

KS♡

Kara

I was able to sneak into my bedroom unnoticed last night through the fire escape. My luck never lasts. Fortunately, it's Friday. He wouldn't be back until the next morning.

After I wore my high-waisted skinny jeans and a black corset-styled top, I did my make-up and brushed my hair down. I ran my fingers through the waves and left my hair falling down my shoulders, letting it tickle my bare skin. Leaning closer to my mirror, I brushed a finger under my lips, touching up my signature red lipstick. Blood red.

I took a seat on the end of my bed and bent down to wear my strap black heels. Then I grabbed my backpack and jacket. However, the second I turned around, I saw myself in the mirror. More specifically, the jacket hanging in my hand.

"Thanks, but I'm quite confident in my skin."

I may be a stripper and wore an insanely revealing set of lace almost every night in public, but I had insecurities, inside. The ones that have never left since I was a kid. However, I thought that had changed when I forced myself to. Apparently, not.

It's just I hide them as well as I can.

Behind everything I wore as a cloak.

Taking a step closer, I stroked my fingers over my collarbone. Remembering the feeling of Baine's touch. I brushed a hand over my cleavage and grinned as I studied my outfit. My corset pushed my breasts up and my jeans hugged my hips perfectly. Today, my curves were in full view.

I hooked my backpack strap over my shoulder and started making my way out of my bedroom. But the moment I creaked open the door, I saw him. Passed out on the living room couch. There were mornings I'd find him like this and there were nights where he actually made it to his bed. This was one of the mornings, unfortunately.

Chewing on my bottom lip, I debated whether to walk past him or take the fire escape.

I didn't want to risk it.

Quietly, I shut the door. Right after I heard the soft click, I dashed towards my window, pushing it open. I hooked a leg over the sill and stepped out.

Leaving my jacket behind.

The sound of my heels clanked against the steps as I hastily made my way down. I couldn't help but look over my shoulder, afraid he heard me and broke into my bedroom. There was no point locking it. He always made sure he has the key, knowing I'd try to steal it. I did once. It earned me bruises.

There was nobody there.

My relief didn't last long.

After my heel touched the concrete ground, I was roughly pushed against the brick wall. My head ached at the contact and I grimaced. Suddenly, a calloused hand grabbed my jaw. A thumb painfully pressing into my cheek.

"Hi, pretty bitch", his alcohol breath fanned my face and I nearly hurled at the pungent scent.

I peeled my eyes open, hoping he can hear the sound of my teeth gritting.