Betrayal

Cuphead stood, speechless. Filled with disbelief. His own brother, Mugman, the one who he thought died when the Dam broke, was alive. He had an expression which was eerily showing no emotion. No signs of happiness, no signs of sadness. No signs of any other emotion. Just a blank stare.

"Mugsy?" Cuphead began to wave his hand in front of the Mug's face, testing to see if he was even paying attention. "You can stop that, now." He glared at Cuphead, clearly agitated. Cuphead laughed, worryingly. "What?" Cuphead was just confused.

"C'mon, drop the ruse! I know about you strikin' that deal with Saltbaker." Mugman accused. In all seriousness, Cuphead just raised one eyebrow, and clearly was confused. "What deal? I never-." Cuphead took a step forward. Mugman just scoffed. "You made that plan with me so you could deliver the crown to Saltbaker at a location we've never met together at before! Just 'cuz ya wanted the reward!" Mugman looked away.

"What kind of brother are you? Betrayin' me like that? Hell, you even tried to get with Saltbaker's daughter!" Mugman yelled at him. "Alright, first of all, I have never known or been to where he lives prior to meetin' Chalice. And second, I didn't strike no deal with Saltbaker! I despised him since first meetin' him! And third, I didn't know that Chalice was that bastard's daughter!" Cuphead defended.

Mugman rolled his eyes. "I also know about Chalice's little power-." Cuphead got pissed at that. "To you, it's Ms. Chalice." He felt a need to defend her. "Fine! Ms. Chalice got a power, and I bet you're plannin' to hoard it! I won't let you!" Mugman pointed at Cuphead. "I think you got it wrong, Mugsy, if anything, it's SALTBASTARD who's been hoardin' her power. He literally didn't let Chalice leave for any point in life!" Cuphead crossed his arms.

"Well sure! I bet you were even plannin' to get me arrested, but I am many steps ahead of you!" Mugman took out a rope, and grabbed a rock. Cuphead scrambled to run away, but his efforts went in vain, as Mugman jumped him, and hit him in the head with a rock.

From here, Mugman tied him to a sailboat, tears forming in his eyes. He couldn't believe that his brother would actually try to take the monetary reward, and keep it all to himself. All of the years they spent, wandering the streets, meant nothing to him.

Mugman was caught up in his emotions, and momentarily sat down to cry. He didn't notice Chalice flying up to him. "Cuphead?" Mugman just kept looking at the ground. Chalice flew closer, getting a good look at the Mug. "You're..not Cuphead. You must be Mugman?" Mugman nodded. "Where's Cuphead?" She asked. Mugman looked up into the lake, to show that Cuphead was sailing away.

"Cuphead?" Chalice flew into the water to get a clear look. "Cuphead!" She tried to run after him, but the water got too deep, and Mugman started to pull her back. "It isn't worth it. Ms. Chalice, I'm afraid we need you to get back to your Father." Mugman told her.

Chalice started forming tears, her Father was right, but did Cuphead actually work for him? Was it all just a façade? Mugman finally pulled her to the shoreline. Chalice saw red, and just stormed off, flying far to who knows what. Mugman, not far behind, began yelling after her to stop.

Flying faster and faster, she didn't realize to watch where she flew, getting stuck in a rock. Mugman eventually tired out, on the other side of the rock, and didn't notice the footsteps behind him. One second, and he saw everything as it was, and the next, he was out cold. A clanging sound from dishes colliding echoed. 

There, a call came out from the other side of the rock. "Ms. Chalice?" Saltbaker quickly hid his knife, and stood eerily still. "Father?" Chalice forgot that she was stuck, and tried to fly to the other side of the rock, but was limited in movement.

This motivated her to try and pull herself out of the rock by pushing off and trying to fly away from it. Still, it wouldn't budge as she was still stuck there. "HELP!" Chalice cried out, and Saltbaker ran over to her, dragging an unconscious Mugman, and throwing him into the lake. He pulled her out of the rocks.

Saltbaker brought her into a hug. "Are you hurt? Are you alright?" Chalice was relieved to be safe. "How did you.. and was he working for you?..". Saltbaker quickly made and excuse. "The Cups claimed to work for me to get your trust. I was worried about you..and I followed you. Then I saw that Mug attack you and.." Saltbaker paused to check to see if Cuphead had reached the palace yet.

"Let's go..before any others come too!" Saltbaker grabbed her arm and led her out of the shore, and picked up his green lantern. Chalice broke away and looked back at the lake surrounding the Isle.  No sigh of Cuphead's return. Tears spilled as she realized that he duped her all along.

She slowly turned back, and saw her Father extending his arms, as to show that he was trying to lead her home. She ran towards him, and burrowed her head into his shoulder, in shame. "You were right, Father. You were right about everything." Chalice cried. "I know, dear. I know." Saltbaker affirmed.

He picked up his lantern, and began slowly walking. This man was a genius, he successfully duped his adopted daughter, and now he duped both of his lackies into getting out of his way.

( END OF CHAPTER, IDK HOW YOU PEOPLE ARE SURVIVING AND NOT DYING OF CRINGE BUT LIKE CONGRATS LOL, AND IF YOU'RE SERIOUSLY READING THIS, JUST KNOW THAT IM NOT BEING SERIOUS WHILE WRITING THIS )