Father

| LOCATION : BAKERY |

Chalice sighed. " This is it. This WILL be the day. Wally, I'll march up to Father, use a bit of charm and convince him into takin' me to those lights, and then I'll finally get to see those lights!" Chalice confidently told Wally. That confidence turned into dread as she heard footsteps, and floated to under the main counter as to hide from any potential people. I mean, what person would go to an abandoned bakery? Oh well, that went short lived, as the door went unlocked and in came her Father, or I guess you would know as Chef Saltbaker. Wait is he a BAKER or a CHEF?? PICK A SIDE MAN.

"Chalice? It's me! You can come out now! I'm not getting any more young over here waiting, am I?" Saltbaker said in a jolly tone. "Oh, It's Father!" Chalice whispered to Wally, "Go hide and I'll get ready to do my plan! If all goes well, I'll be able to get to see the lights up close!"

She rushed out from under the counter and gave him the biggest hug. "How was selling the pastries in the village, Father?" Chalice asked. "Pretty well, pretty well. But anyway, it must get tiring to hide every time someone approaches this bakery, does it?" He inquired in return. "Oh.. It's not too much of a hassle." She reassured. "Well then I must ask about why it takes you so long." He teased, but in a weirdly happy tone for such a.. unfriendly joke.

Saltbaker laughed at his joke, and Chalice followed with a nervous joke. They went down into the basement door, and Saltbaker looked in the mirror to examine how he looked. "So Father! Tomorrow is such an important day-" She started to say, but was interrupted. "Chalice, look into this mirror. I see a charming, ambitious young soul in here. And look, I'm here as well!" He said as what was originally starting out as a motivational speech, to a self centered scolding.

Saltbaker quickly noticed his daughter's mood change, and quickly came back with "I'm sorry, my Chalice, it was only a joke. You know you can always tell me if I'm overbearing."

"It's.. alright. So as I w-" She tried to start again, but once again he talked over her. "Chalice, Father's feeling a bit..cracked open." He said as he pointed to his face. "Be dear and could you sing to me? We can talk after."
Chalice agreed and quickly grabbed a stool for him, grabbed a microphone and stood in front of him, ready to sing. She liked to think that she was a famous singer whenever she sung for her father.

( 🚨 SONG ALERT 🚨 SONG ALERT 🚨 I SUGGEST YOU SKIP BUT IF YA DON'T.. ITS YOUR LOSS. BUT I ADVISE YOU TO SKIP TO THE NEXT PART! I ADVISE YOU TO SCROLL. )

(The words are mashed together for a fast singing effect)

                                                                                        🎶Chalice🎵
                                                                                           Flowerflowandfly
Watchyourfurygrow
                                                                                     Re-dothedoughTonight
                                                                                    BringbackthepastTonight
                                                                                          Fixwhatwasbroken
                   Changethefatesdesign
                   Savewhathasbeenlost
                  Bringbackthepasttonight

Upon hearing the quickness of her singing, Saltbaker was astonished and scolded her.  "Sorry, father! As ya know, tomorrow is the biggest day of my life! And you didn't really respond so I'll just get it ova with right now! It's my.." She'd dance a little. "..Birthday! Ta Dah!" She felt proud of herself for executing that amazingly. Saltbaker gave her a head Pat, and wished her a happy birthday on the occasion! "So.. I'm assuming this means you would like something for your birthday, yes?" He continued to lean on the counter.

"Father, I'm going to turn 18! I just wanted to ask.." She'd sigh. "What I most really.. really want or what I'vereallybeenwwantingforawhilenow.." She mumbled. "Chalice, please stop mumbling." He pointed out. "Oh.. sorry." Chalice apologized.

From a corner, Wally made a quiet song to get her attention and danced to remind her of the plan and encourage her. Chalice started to dance to get her Fathers's attention. "That's a new dance, you've been practicing?" He asked. "Yes. But I just did it because I want to tell you that I want to go see the Pink Lights!" Chalice physically could not stop shaking in excitement. Saltbaker stopped in his tracks and nervously inquired, "What?"

"Oh! Well I was wondering if you would finally take me to see the pink lights!" Chalice clarified, showing him the picture in the main room with the shelf moved over. He walked right past it during the entire time and didn't even bother to look at her painting...

"You..mean the stars." Saltbaker affirmed, brushing it aside. "Well, I've been charting stars." She floated up to open a window and shine light on her star chart painting. "And they're constant! These though, they only appear every year on my birthday, Father. And I can only wonder that they..may be for me?"

"For you? That's absurd, Chalice. And you want to go outside?" He asked, like he was laughing at her. He scoffed, put curtains on the windows, and grabbed his violin. (Why does everyone have instruments.)

| Aw shi- here we go again.. END OF CHAPTER. CONGRATULATIONS ON SURVIVING THIS FAR AND NOT DYING OF CRINGE. SADLY, THE NEXT CHAPTER F-ING STARTS WITH A SONG. UGH. |