The long awaited

( Im actually surprised you made it this far, congratulations )

It was a fairly quiet night in the Kingdom. All Cuphead and Chalice could hear was the sound of the row hitting the water, and a few splashes from nearby.

As they look at the castle, waiting for the Ghosts, Chalice looked at the water, mind going 100 miles an hour. "You alright?" Cuphead worryingly look at her. "I'm terrified." She admitted. "Why?" Cuphead grabbed her hand. "Well.. for 18 years I have been lookin' out a window, dreaming about what it may be like. When those ghosts rise and illuminate sky, what will it feel like?" Chalice sighed. "What if it ain't everything I dreamed about?"

Cuphead looked at the sky. "It will be." He looked at Chalice. "And what if it is? What will I do then?" She couldn't seem to grasp the answer. It was beyond their understanding. "I guess that's the best part. You get to find a new dream." Cuphead looked at her. Chalice chuckled softly.

| Inkwell Castle |

The king laid in bed, coughing. It was supposed to be his daughter's 18 birthday, and he was going to launch open the vase, where the pink ghosts would annually fly out to illuminate the sky. The problem was that he was bedridden. Servants surrounded him constantly, as he tried to get up for the event.

"I..need to do this. For my daughter, and my late wife." The king coughed out. "Then, I will join her. It is my last wish to do this for my daughter." Hesitantly, the Servants, one by one, lined up to help the King stand up and walk throughout the room, into the Balcony.

At the end of the room, in the balcony, stood a table with a vase from the finest of the various Mausoleum's. The King, with assistance, walked over and leaned on the Table. This had to be the one. This had to be the year where she would return.

The King grabbed the Vase, took a deep breath, and opened it. With that, flew a singular pink Ghost, signaling every Mausoleum in the Kingdom to release the pink ghosts, all of them flying down, and out of the kingdom.

                                                                                       | INKWELL LAKE |

Cuphead had grabbed some flowers, and held them in his hand, while Chalice put them into the water and watched them float. Suddenly, she noticed a pink reflection from the water, appearing to be flying. She knew this had to be it.

(SONG ALERT, SCROLL FOR SONG AND LYRICS)

Keep scrolling

🎶Chalice🎵
All those days, watchin' from the windows.      <— Bruh why does wattpad keep moving my text
All those years, outside lookin' in
| Chalice would suddenly climb to the highest part of the row-boat |
All that time, never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
| Many other pink Ghosts would come into view, rising up from the kingdom |
Now, I'm here. Blinking in the starlight
Now, I'm here. Suddenly, I see.
Standing here, it's, oh, so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be
| The astral cookie would wear off, causing her to be a ghost, and she would grab Cuphead and fly up into the sky with him. This made them get the best view of the the ghosts, but she did fly down after. |
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted..
And at last I see the light
And it's like.. the sky is new            
And it's warm, and real and bright
And the world has somehow.. shifted
All at once, everything looks different
Now, that I..see you..
| Cuphead would be holding a vase, containing ghosts inside. |

Chalice
                                                                               I have something for you, too.
                                 | Chalice would give him his satchel, and he would just sadly look at it. |
                                                         I should have given it to you before.. but I was just scared.
                                                                          But.. the thing is, I'm no longer scared.
                                                                                                     Y'know?
                                   | Cuphead would push the satchel down softly, and look into her eyes. |

                                                                                                 Cuphead
                                                                                               I'm startin' too.
                                                  | They would both open the vase, releasing the ghosts |

🎶Cuphead🎵
                                                                        All those days, chasin' down a daydream
All those years, livin' in a blur
All that time, never truly seein'
Things.. the way they were
Now, she's here, shining in the starlight
Now, she's here, suddenly I know
If she's here, it's crystal clear
| Cuphead would hold Chalice's hand |
I'm where I meant to go

🎶BOTH🎵
And at last I see the light
And it's like, the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like, the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once, everything is different, now that I see you
Now that I.. see you

(Scroll for end of song)

( END OF SONG)

Chalice was completely in love with Cuphead at this point, and that feeling was definitely returned. They leaned in for a kiss, and it almost happened. But he looked up, and saw someone who he thought died. Someone who he didn't want to face after he got him arrested via their plan.

"Everything okay?" Chalice looked back, and worried. "Huh? Oh- yes! Of course, I just.." Cuphead chuckled nervously. He started rowing the boat back to shore.

"I'm sorry. Everything is okay. I just need to give the satchel to someone." Cuphead struggled to think of a way to get out of facing the person in question. "Okay.." Chalice didn't doubt him, and this wasn't about to be the first time. He wasn't.. lying..

Right?

Chalice sighed, and Wally wat on her head. And quietly squawked. "It's alright, Wally." She looked at where he was heading.

Now, with Cuphead. He went to the location where he was signaled to go by the person in question. But.. he wasn't expecting Saltbaker there, so it wouldn't be the biggest issue. And.. his brother died when the Dam broke. So when the person walked up.. he knew who it was, but couldn't face the regret of getting him captured.

It was indeed his brother. Mugman.

( END OF CHAPTER, HOW DID U FOR REAL SURVIVE ALL OF THESE CHAPTERS AND NOT DIE OF CRINGE?? UR POWERFUL 😨 )