Out of the Woods, Into the Kingdom

"GAHHH!"

Chalice was awoken by the screaming of Cuphead being pulled shoe-first by the palace horse. Wally started squawking as a natural reaction. Chalice immediately ran after the Cup, and pulled him back by the arms. "Give me him!" She pulled with all of her strength. The shoe finally fell of his foot, and they were launched to the opposite ends of the trees.

The horse started to gallop at Cuphead, but fortunately, Chalice got in between. "Whoa! Woah woah! Easy, boy! Settle down!" Chalice soothed the horse, and the horse confusingly looked up at the bird on top of her head, telling him to settle down. "Now sit." She ordered. The horse slowly started to sit down. "Sit." She firmly told Him, as the horse finally sat down.

"What??" Cuphead was absolutely astonished. "Now drop the shoe." Chalice pointed downwards. The horse just neighed in annoyance, and dropped it. Immediately after he dropped it, she started callin' him a good horse. "Aww.. such a good boy! Yes you are!" Chalice hugged his head. "Are you all tired from chasin' the bad man all over?" The horse agreed with a sad neigh.

"Excuse me?!" Cuphead couldn't believe this was even happening. "Nobody appreciates ya? Do they? Don't worry, I do." Chalice hugged the horse. "Cmon! He's a bad horse!" Cuphead complained. "Nahhh, he's nothin' more than a big sweetheart!" Chalice defended, and the horse neighed in agreement. "Ain't that right... Knight? That perfectly rhymes, Hm!" Chalice got the horse all happy due to the pets he was recievin'.

"You gotta be kiddin'!" Cuphead glared at the horse, who glared right back at him. "Look, today.. is kind of the biggest and best day of my life. And.. I need you to not get him arrested." Change flew down to Cuphead and dragged him up. The horse just huffed in absurdity. "Just for 24 hours and then you guys can chase each other to heart's content. Deal?" She suggested. Cuphead sighed, and put his hand out. The horse turned away, showing his pink mane to them. "It's.. also my birthday. So yknow.." Chalice convinced the horse to finally shake the Cup's hand.

"And Oo! Wait! Before I go, just to make sure nobody freaks out at me.. I'll eat an astral cookie!" Chalice remembered, as she pulled out a cookie from a small pouch. "These things allow me to turn into a human temporarily!" She took a bite, and suddenly transform into a person.

"Wow.. I haven't felt the ground in so long.. let alone the grass! This is amazing!" Chalice danced around in grass. "I've got to say, you look pretty.. uh nice in person form." Cuphead scratched his head, and blushed. Chalice smiled, and returned the blush. They next headed off into the Kingdom, the destination.

                                                      | THE PAST. LOCATION : INKWELL KINGDOM |

Chalice looked at the kingdom in whole, and was eager to run over there. Cuphead followed, closely behind, and saw a wanted poster of him. He quickly ripped it off and crumbled it before anyone could see, the only one being Knight, givin' him a glare. Cuphead just stuffed the poster into the horses mouth, who then spit it out on Cuphead's face. This lead to the shoving each other around, until Wally made a "I'm watching you." motion with his wings.

Chalice, eager to walk into the kingdom, ran into the crowd. But the fact that she had no shoes, and that she couldn't balance herself on feet made her trip all over. "Sorry!" Chalice fumbled around, until Cuphead saw a shoe store, and whistled at some kids working on a pair of shoes to get their attention.

He gladly payed them, and they gave Chalice some gold heels. Chalice just hugged and thanked them, and then danced around. Cuphead, who was charmed, just watched her in awe. Knight raised his eyebrows, clearly knowing that Cuphead liked Chalice, and Cuphead just playfully pushed the horse aside, while the horse neigh-laughed.

Later, Cuphead and Chalice stood in line for some bread, and Chalice looked at some art made from tiles on a wall. It seemed to be grand. It pictured a King Chalice, and some kind of Baby Chalice.. a Ghost? Maybe she was seein' things, because her attention quickly was diverted to a child puttin' a flower down to pay respects. "It's for the lost Princess." 
Chalice thought about the mural, but it was at the back of her mind for the rest of the day.

There was some music playin' and she started dancin'. Hell, she basically was the master of charming people, and had people join in her dance. All around the plaza of the kingdom, there was a line of dancing people. She even invited Cuphead up to dance, but he refused. Not that it mattered, as Knight just pushed Cuphead out into where people were dancing, forcin' him to join.

A little while later, Cuphead bought Chalice a tiny flag of the Kingdom emblem, a Pink Ghost,  and she looked at some flags upon wires, hanging from house to house, and even replicated the emblem in painting via using chalk. Cuphead and chalice almost got caught by guards multiple times, though. It really didn't matter.

Back at the plaza, things where riling up.  By the end of the song, Cuphead and Chalice ended up together, and grew accustomed to each other. They successfully charmed each other, that's for sure.

"To the Boats!" A man yelled, and people started running to the boats, all excited for what was going to happen.

                                                         | THE PAST. LOCATION: INKWELL LAKE |

On the boat Chalice and Cuphead began to set off, with Cuphead rowing. Knight stayed at the dock, upset that they were leaving, so Cuphead threw him a bag of apples. Knight was skeptical about the apples at first, but Cuphead eased that worry. "I bought 'em" He confirmed. Knight began to eat them, and Cuphead continued. "Most of 'em."  And Knight just glared, but ate them

Now, onto the lake, Cuphead rowed towards the middle, where they could get a clear view of the Ghosts. "Where are we going?" Chalice giggled. "Well, best day of your life, yeah? Figured you could get a nice view." Cuphead continued rowing.

( END OF CHAPTER, CONGRATULATIONS YOU DIDNT DIE OF CRINGE YET, SOMEHOW. IF YOU DID, BUT RETURNED TO LIFE BECAUSE OF THE EXISTENCE OF UR MOM, CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO THE END OF THE CHAPTER WITHOUT DYING OF CRINGE AGAIN )