heartstrings

when jacob returns from getting cleaned and dressed for their little dinner out, scarlett went to hers to get ready she usually took quite long in showers or baths but today she was on a firm timer.

"sir jacob, its scarlett let me in" scarlett says through his letter box which made jacob laugh at the stupidity of the girl, but he liked that. fiddling with the locks until he has to create a reply but when he see her she takes his breath away.

"hello"

his eyes are still wide and eyebrows raised, who knew a black dress could be so effective but he liked how it showed all of her instead of covering up and how her eyes lightened against the darkness of the dress.

"are you okay?" she questioned and he stuttered a reply that didn't fall out how he intended it to be, instead he swallows down his embarrassment.

"yeah its just you look amazing, like always. are you ready to go and eat because im ready when you are." she blushes at his complement nodding as he pulls the door closed behind them the smell of his cologne filling her nostrils as he does so, feeling extremely anxious as she does do.

"you look amazing too jacob" she says automatically linking her arm with his once he is able too, something the pair had gotten used to doing with each other. the streets was still golden, due too sunset until the nights they walked.

it was nice to see something different, for a change to no longer watch the moon fade away but rather the sun. flame coloured easily mistaken for golden and scarlett liked seeing jacobs brown eyes become brighter with sunshine beaming onto him.

scarlett begins to share details about herself, her middle name and what family surrounded her. she explained to jacob how she had one sister, her mother and not to forget a much large labrador that was staying at her mothers house whilst she was in america.

but once it came down to jacob explaining these details about himself it became fairly awkward and tense, at first he debated lying or just changing subject but he'd feel guilty if he were too.

"you don't have to tell me if your not comfortable." her  arm loosing from the link they have on each other but as her arm falls slowly her hand intertwined with his, he smiles at her actions.

when he looks at her face, he felt guilty for not replying but he didnt want to lose that normal, comfortableness he had around her but she tugged at his heartstrings.

"i have a tight family, brothers and my parents lots of fish." he says as he imagines his family back in australia, the large fishtank and his brothers playing pool at the pool table that sat in the centre of the living room.

"you have fish?" she asks shocked at his words

"well my dad does, but i always get to name two each year" he said happily hearing the faint noises of chaos at a casino they pass, noises of coins buttons and people groaning out of failure. "do you miss australia, your whole lifes back there?" scarlett asks but he hesitantly shakes his head

"how comes?" she asked geniunely shocked by this information infact she found it crazy that a guy with all this money and hardly spent time with anyone besides her wouldnt miss a comforting home in australia.

"because l.a makes me truly happy, i wont settle in australia until i retire-" he catches himself exposing too much but scarlett hums in response not pleading onto his last words.

"well this is the best pizza place in town, hopefully you enjoy the food. i know i sure will." he says pushing the door for her as they laugh, the sounds of sweet italian music play and people scattered around different tables eating large pizzas and pastas. scarlett felt nerves run through her body.

"it smells so good, i mean whats the worst that can go wrong its pizza?" she asked as he nods at her words with a wide grin "that's exactly what i say"

jacob spotted a nice booth at the back, one he'd sat at many times before yet he was more excited to spend this time with scarlett. they scooted around so they were closer sat in the centre.

"do you wanna look at the pizza menu or do you know what you want?" he asks as bits her lip thinking "hawaiian without a doubt"

he laughs at the expected reaction from her, but he pulls out a menu to gather his thoughts and figure what he fancied the most. all the smells of different pizza made it too difficult to choose.

"im getting pepperoni" he says slamming the menu shut, as she shakes her head disapprovingly whilst their hands finally untangle from eachothers blushing as they do so "may the best pizza win."