Ramification

Life has its ways, that was a fact

Destiny has its calls, that mysterious form of future, or maybe if we want to describe it fairly, those strings moving the marionette, playing it around the way it pleases whoever was behind the scenes pulling the strings back and forth. Thinking about how someone's life is completely out of their control, is pathetic.

Confronting one's weaknesses is harsh.

But you got rid of that bad habit of yours, now you are free from that overthinking you used to drown yourself into. You are peaceful, your brain is blank and free from any type of torture you used to down on it.

You never enjoyed nature the way you were doing now, looking at that beautiful field from your window, while the sun's rays were caressing your beautiful face, kissing your features gently with their warmth, you have reconnected with your love for nature again. You used to love flowers and not only that, you used to admire nature and its creature, you always used to find your long-lost peace when you looked in the garden of your house. Mr. Choi has always taken care of those lilies, they were your birth flowers, you always forgot to thank the man for his efforts albeit with the numerous mental notes you've made to appreciate his hard work.

But now it was too late.

You should have done it when you had the chance.

You were too absorbed in your trance, maybe the grass on that field was way too luring for your senses that they went completely numb, you failed to hear the approaching heels' sound although they were clacking loudly against the marbled floor. The child inside you wanted badly to enjoy some fun time in that field, you remembered the lost childhood of yours, you spent most of your time in your bed, sick, that your parents opted for homeschooling, thankfully your health had stabilized in your teens, at least you enjoyed high school you should be thankful for that.

And you were.

The voices that echoed in the corridor brought you to reality, but you weren't in the mood to meet anyone, honestly, the idea of meeting someone scared you so you urged your way to the window, closing it and shutting the curtains, welcoming again the darkness that you loved spending your time in its company. You went to meet the warmth of your duvet, turning on your left side while your back facing the door, you laid down closing your eyes, ready to surrender to your beloved slumber, to convince yourself and whoever at your door that you are asleep, so they can discard the idea of disturbing you further.

As the doorknob twisted, you clutched on your blanket as your tomorrow depended only on that, you hated this time of the day. Eleven o'clock. Whenever the clock signaled that time of day, you felt an urge to run far away from their reach, or precisely her reach. Miss Baek never came late to her habitual rendezvous with you, she was sometimes a few minutes in advance, but never late, and God, you hated the woman although she was only doing her job, at which she was very good, somehow you faired the woman who ensured your health's stability, tending to your needs when no one else besides her did, your crucial needs, you needed extreme care and the woman never failed to provide that for you, but you were ungrateful.