He had forgotten already, and now at the moment, she had a hand placed on his shoulder as she observed him with a concerned look, her eyes dimmed with curiosity, even in the dark lit room, "Is everything okay?"

He raked a hand through his hair, reaching out to stroke her neck, "It's nothing," He whispered, hoping she would drop the conversation as he further elaborated curtly, "Just a nightmare. Okay? I'm fine now. You can go back to sleep."

Leaning forward, he placed a light kiss to her forehead, cooing her until she lay back comfortably on the bed, and even when she closed her eyes he continued to stroke her hair, slowly... slowly and gently until she fell asleep again, snoring lightly and knocked out completely.

When he was sure she was really sound asleep, he quietly climbed out of bed, making his way to the balcony, wanting to get some fresh air to cool his wandering thoughts. Besides, there was no way he could fall asleep again after that, scared thst the dreams would plague him again and he didn't want to relieve that horrific memory.

What would help him now, was a glass of wine and the fresh air, which was being provided largely.

Tiptoeing slowly, he procured a wine bottle from the cabinet in his room, and quickly finding a comfortable spot at the balcony to sit in, he let his mind drift away as he took small sips of the wine.

The dream was making him think of the Connors once again, but more so the one person that occupied his mind at the moment was Madison.

Not a coincidence at all, but his thought was instantly snagged with memories of the night at the club. The image of her begging helplessly at his feet, appeared vividly and a bitter smirk formed on his lips when he remembered how he had mercilessly kicked her away, the cameras perfectly capturing that moment.

As soon as the smirk faded away though, a huge atom of guilt tugged at his heart, and a sigh escaping his lips, the wine burning at the back of his throat, Damien finally admitted to himself that he had fucking gone overboard.

Looking through the photos in the media, one he had seen in his phone, it was enough to make him realize that the extent of his behaviour was uncalled for, and now he was somewhat regretting it.

Sighing yet again for the umpteenth time, he downed a huge gulp of his drink and willed his thoughts to go in any other possible direction than towards Madison, the only woman he had ever loved and the mess the past few weeks had been.

.......

Madison was in tremendous pain.

All through her journey from the bakery, back to her motel earlier this morning, and the long hours in which she had changed her clothes, cleaned her motel and sat listless in her bed the entire day, she had not fully realized this till now.

She had sat up all through the evening brooding, but she did not feeling any emotion except for the obvious emptiness in her chest.

Now though as night began to fall, the events that made up Madison's week began to replay in her head once more, and with each calamity, she felt a renewed kind of pain, her heart shattering and that was when the overfilled dam burst. She clutched at the sheets she laid on, her chest tightening as she sobbed painfully.

She had felt pain before but this time it was so overwhelming, that she didn't know what to do with it other than to let it out through her tears.

Overpowered by her pain and tears, she dialed the number of the only person she could be vulnerable with.

"M-mom?" She whimpered through the receiver, tears filling her eyes as her mother demanded what the problem was in alarm, hearing her cool voice, "I-I have no idea what to do...I'm completely lost, Mom."